Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Hindolmer & Petigru:Heroes or Villains?
We are all heroes: You and Boo and I. 6 35.29%
This behaviour must not continue. Feel the burning stare of my hamster and change your ways. 2 11.76%
I need aid soon, lest my hamster become an orphan. 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 04:24 AM
Kobold

Default /List Story with Poll

I've been at the Rubicite BP camp for about 18 hours, I've brought over 10 replacements, but this time the group looks done for. No Tanks Lfg.

Wait there's hope! A group of 5 looking for a room to kill...but I'm still grouped with 3 others that are relatively new.

So I speak honestly, "Guys, the group looks screwed but I'm #1 on the list and plan on staying and bring those 5 guys over. If you want to leave the group I understand"

Mitosis the Druid says, "NP, GL Buddy, thanks for the group! Anyone want a port?" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hindolmer the Rogue says, "Makes no difference to me"
Petigru the Mage says, "Whatever you want, it's up to you"

So I apologize, and thank them at the same time. Offering items I've looted during my adventures.

Petigru receives the gift and replies "Yipee!" I smile.

The group of Five encounter many deaths along the way, but make it eventually. I decide to offer gifts, and prizes of other Rubicite and goods to the members.

When the Five arrive I notice something odd...Hindolmer and Petigru are still here, and on the list. When I ask why they're still there.

Hindolmer: "You thought I would leave? I'm #2 on the list, why shouldn't I stay?"
Petigru: I have seen the greed in your heart and I see no reason I should not act the same way"
Hindolmer and Petigru glare at you threateningly.

At this point the Five notice those other two aren't leaving as well. They offer to camp the breastplate for me, but I insist they leave. They offer their condolences and move on to new adventures.

I told both Hindolmer and Petigru: "May you receive in full for this treachery you have brought this day!"

The question of the story is were Hindolmer and Petigru acting evil, or were they justified?
Last edited by Seungkyu; 11-28-2019 at 04:45 AM..
Old 11-28-2019, 04:33 AM
Sarnak

So I understand it you left a group of 3 that couldn't kill the camp to join a group of 5 that could. Then you gave them some "consolation prizes". When you arrived with the group that was able to kill, the other 2 people were still there and the large group didn't want to camp 3 BP's before getting their own so they left.

I don't see anything wrong here. That's the way /list works, unfortunately. Unless you specifically indicated that you wanted your former groupmates to leave the zone and/or the camp and they said they would, I don't see them as having done anything wrong.

TLDR: Nobody's Pure of Heart or acting deceitfully, this seems like a miscommunication thing and all parties are neutral.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I understand it you left a group of 3...
I never left them, I gave them a choice to continue the group or disband.

I don't see how I could come off as
"Hey I'm really sorry, but let me bring 5 guys over who can just camp the BP for you".
Old 11-28-2019, 04:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seungkyu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never left them, I gave them a choice to continue the group or disband.

I don't see how I could come off as
"Hey I'm really sorry, but let me bring 5 guys over who can just camp the BP for you".
They disbanded, but unless they agreed to drop from /list they didn't do anything wrong. But I don't think you did anything wrong either. Just seems like nobody fully communicated their intentions before the initial group disbanded.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:48 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They disbanded, but unless they agreed to drop from /list they didn't do anything wrong. But I don't think you did anything wrong either. Just seems like nobody fully communicated their intentions before the initial group disbanded.
Perfect summary instead of your long winded post OP
Old 11-29-2019, 12:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perfect summary instead of your long winded post OP
I'm trying to entertain people, and make the story sound fun while keeping things factual.

I'm wondering if Petigru and that Dwarf rogue are the ones doing this.

Edit:Hindolmer*
Old 11-29-2019, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
TLDR:all parties are neutral.
10/10 OP
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 11-28-2019, 05:01 AM
Kobold

Hindo on a roll I saw him get his jboots this morning
Old 11-28-2019, 09:20 AM
Banned

Basically, im seeing the same names over and over, and boy, im not supposed to say anything. But DMO is keep EXTENSIVE records.

ANYONE and i mean ANYONE caught scumming to 50, and camps. will have MOUNTAINS of evidence compiled against them. Our scribes are working overtime due to the toxicity of these player interactions, so much so that we probably will be offering our services to any guild recruitment and giving you the 411 on these people.

rep matters on this server bro's. Don't blow it. < The Dark Men of Odus > elite unit of scribes are watching. and we have ear's everywhere.

In the elf justice system, bad player based offenses are considered especially heinous. In Erudin, the dedicated scribes who investigate these vicious bad players are members of an elite squad known as the < Dark Men of Odus > . These are their stories.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

So these guys who'd been camping it with you for hours you just threw them under the bus in favor of five mercenary newcomers? And expected them to be happy and leave because you threw them some trinkets?

Maybe the remaining two were working on building a new group without you after you abandoned them?

Why did you tell the other five to leave when they had no problem just farming the mobs regardless?

What would have happened after you got a BP? Were you going to stay to see all FIVE of those dudes get theirs too? Would one of the other two have been able to just slot into the group after you got a BP and left, since the other five didn't mind just killing anyway?

What class are you?
Last edited by Fammaden; 11-28-2019 at 09:46 AM..
Closed Thread