Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you want your pet window back?
Yes 124 35.63%
No 37 10.63%
Yes, and this change is making me not want to play the game. 75 21.55%
No, I'm glad it's gone. 58 16.67%
I love refrigerators. 54 15.52%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Large Bat

So from responses I'm seeing is either "not classic needs to go" but still gonna have non-classic stuff like /tt /tr /con corpses /makeleader /tgb which is fine by the community but because monk, war, wiz can't use pet window it needs to go because not classic. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhurian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So from responses I'm seeing is either "not classic needs to go" but still gonna have non-classic stuff like /tt /tr /con corpses /makeleader /tgb which is fine by the community but because monk, war, wiz can't use pet window it needs to go because not classic. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Uhhh... I don't see anyone saying that.

Get rid of all that stuff too, get rid of item links, give me the old UI.

Make it as classic as possible. Including getting rid of the pet window.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhurian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So from responses I'm seeing is either "not classic needs to go"
It is classic, there was no pet window. They are working with Titanium client because Sony erased classic, iirc. Wait until the team figures out how to bypass/alter titanium to get the correct night blindness back that we haven't had..
ever wonder why there are torches and lanterns in the game? hint: its not for pet weaponry.

The elves will rejoice though.

infravision

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ultravision

human vision

Cue onslaught of shit posts..

"You motherfuckers ruined the goddamn game, I can't see shit at night!"
Last edited by Mblake81; 09-09-2019 at 03:54 PM..
Old 09-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

Was the pet window there because of the Titanium client?
Old 09-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was the pet window there because of the Titanium client?
I think so. Someone will correct me (non trolling) if I am wrong. It wasn't there in era.
Last edited by Mblake81; 09-09-2019 at 04:13 PM..
Old 09-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Guys I was playing humans recently and notice that 1. I cant adjust gamma anymore in game, 2. its way darker lol

Did they do something that makes it harder to adjust gamma in game, and if so, am I expected to change the gamma on my whole PC to bypass this?
Old 09-09-2019, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guys I was playing humans recently and notice that 1. I cant adjust gamma anymore in game, 2. its way darker lol

Did they do something that makes it harder to adjust gamma in game, and if so, am I expected to change the gamma on my whole PC to bypass this?
Nah,

-ask a friendly spell caster for a vision buff (its why they have them)

-mage can summon a vision stone.

-find item that gives vision enhancement. Feel l33t because you can see.

Last edited by Mblake81; 09-09-2019 at 04:27 PM..
Old 09-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kollins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please switch your browser to Internet Explorer version 6 and adjust your resolution to 640x480 to view this post.

That being said, what is classic? I love old cars, but there is a special place in hell for guys who do the restorations where they put paint stains on the exhaust system because that's how it came from the factory. The same could be said for old games.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Pretty sure this was due to a recent Windows update.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Banned

that is part of the argument for sure. Some want the game like it was or as close to it as possible. Others want something better than TLP but can do whatever and don't really sweat the details.

No doubt that is why the dragons are rooted currently.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kollins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being said, what is classic? I love old cars, but there is a special place in hell for guys who do the restorations where they put paint stains on the exhaust system because that's how it came fromI played a bard on classic live. I never even tried to kite 2 mobs using a PBAOE, let alone 25 on my 56k dialup single core CPU rig. I have drug 25+ mobs around classic though. I called it charm kiting, it had other names, and I could charm a mob, get 24 of it's former friends to beat it near death, use my fancy bracer and finish it with a single ranged DoT. It doesn't work on "classic" blue because the aggro mechanics aren't "classic" though. Maybe there are some missing paint stains on the exhaust system? You know what else I used to do is twist my low level levitate and speed song because even if I can't find enough proof to convince the paint stained exhaust devs, the only song that required a wind instrument was invisibility. There were other class tricks and other players who did amazing things and it was a unique time that can not be recreated.
The observation has already been made that classic EQ was the only classic EQ. P99 is an emulator for classic running in 2019 and is its own beast.

Edit: Its a shame Sony erased it or didn't even think of keeping a backup somewhere. Wouldn't be an argument over it, however arguing over it is part of P99 forum culture due to this.
Last edited by Mblake81; 09-09-2019 at 04:40 PM..
Closed Thread