Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 11:21 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When dealing with an unstunnable Mob like BM I actually think it makes sense to blur as soon as you’ve got Tash and slow in. Between Tash and sometimes 2-3 slow attempts before getting it to land you’ve got a lot of built up Agro. If you blur prior to charm breaking your right you’ll build some up Agro stunning your pet but a hasted pet at that lvl will peel if off you very fast if it’s just stun Agro.
This is kind of what I was going to say. A hasted, weaponized pet has never had any problem quickly grabbing aggro back, regardless of the sins I committed against the target.

I haven't done any fighting against Velious summoning mobs yet (only Kunark), is their behavior/aggro different?
Old 04-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you calm pet before fight and calm the mob you're fighting, there's some chance that aoe blanket of forgetfulness on charm break resets the fight right? Does anyone try to make use of this?
Old 04-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaateevoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you calm pet before fight and calm the mob you're fighting, there's some chance that aoe blanket of forgetfulness on charm break resets the fight right? Does anyone try to make use of this?
There’s a chance, but resetting the entire fight after you’re already taking hits seems silly. They’ll regen and you have to start from scratch down mana and hp/runes.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly I dont cast spells normally
So this question is kinda strange
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-10-2019, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by derblott [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is kind of what I was going to say. A hasted, weaponized pet has never had any problem quickly grabbing aggro back, regardless of the sins I committed against the target.

I haven't done any fighting against Velious summoning mobs yet (only Kunark), is their behavior/aggro different?
I don’t think the Velious Agro mechanics are any different but the mobs hit harder. Brood Mother that I was referring to earlier doubles for 260 fast and backstabs for 700+. Your pet if using a spider doubles for 226(I think) and backstabs for 500+ which I think is the biggest difference. If you get an early break and you get summoned and eat a round and a backstab your going to be through your Bedlam and Rune. The faster the pet peels it off the less likely you are to get to low HP Agro because once that happens you are dead.

Like you said I think most of the time your pet will pick it up quick but when you are soloing a mob of that level it’s probably for loot and efficiency doesn’t matter you just want it dead. That’s why I’m always going to blur a mob like that as soon as tash and slow are in. I 100% think it helps your chances of winning the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaateevoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don’t even need to calm your pet before the fight you can do it during the fight because it’s not considered detrimental so will land on a pet. If it’s a situation where one of the mobs can’t be stunned/mezzed or it’s a caster with dots like in HS then using Blanket to walk away from the fight is a viable strategy on a charm break. It works great in Velks because you don’t even need to calm since you are non-kos. You can make the case if you had time to cast blanket you could have gated which is true but some camps are annoying to get to like HS South and you have less risk you lose the camp if a named is up if you just blur.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I agree resetting the fight is much more convenient than gating, in the same way FDing is better than gating normally.

What is the best way of dealing with pet break when fighting mobs that summon and can't be stunned? Stun pet and hope you can boltran it whilst being hit by slowed mob?
Old 04-11-2019, 07:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I agree resetting the fight is much more convenient than gating, in the same way FDing is better than gating normally.

What is the best way of dealing with pet break when fighting mobs that summon and can't be stunned? Stun pet and hope you can boltran it whilst being hit by slowed mob?
On a break I’ll stun/stun/Beltran’s and I’ll also blur after I get it slowed. It’s usually not too bad to get the pet recharged during that time and the pet should pull Agro pretty quickly.

Another option depending on where you are, level of mob you are fighting, and if you can get a non summoning pet is to get your pet situated where you want to pull the mob to. Mez then tash and Root your pet with Fetter and then recharm. Pull mob on top of pet to get Agro off you. On a charm break get out of melee range of the pet and then Rapture the mob and recharm the pet. I think this was is just too much hassle but I’ve talked to other enchanters that swear by it.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanters What is the best spell to use to memblur?
Old 04-11-2019, 11:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanters What is the best spell to use to memblur?
lvl 4 mez lul.

I use blanket even though I feel like it sucks. I think reoccurring amnesia is not working properly on P99.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 04-19-2019, 04:24 AM
Fire Giant

i think its just easier to divide int tier 1 and tier 2 spells, tier 1 meaning u can consider constantly have them memmed, tier 2 means u can switch them in when needed

Tier 1: 2 stuns (1 short 1 long), fetter, lvl 4 mez, lvl 16 aoe mez, bedlam, and charm

Tier 2: tash, blanket, charm, tot, slow, etc.
Closed Thread