Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 10:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: @theonesler: To me having the warrior tank when you have a pali or a sk in an exp group makes little sense... Knight will keep agro quicker and better, mobs dies quickly enough for heals not changing much. Knight not tanking will be poor dps no matter what, warrior not tanking can be quite good dps... Warrior are better tank for sure, but it do not means that the group will work better when they tank...
i main a 60 war and i concur

war should always have a dps set for this case scenarior, you are going to need a set for raids anyways

thb im more than happy to play dps role in a group when a sk or pally available
Old 03-25-2019, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: @theonesler: To me having the warrior tank when you have a pali or a sk in an exp group makes little sense... Knight will keep agro quicker and better, mobs dies quickly enough for heals not changing much. Knight not tanking will be poor dps no matter what, warrior not tanking can be quite good dps... Warrior are better tank for sure, but it do not means that the group will work better when they tank...
I also agree with this. Warrior should not be tanking with a knight in group, period.

What should they be doing? Staying in frenzy mode the entire time trying to land huge crippling blows. This is fun and highly effective. Lots of “oooos” and “aaas” from the group too. Nothing like a good crip and some random dude in another part of the zone through a wall sends you a tell like “damn bro, that was a good one. What weapon you rockin?”
Old 03-25-2019, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

In the situation where you have a group with a knight and warrior (rare but happens on occasion) there really isn't a perfect answer for who tanks and who doesn't. It depends highly on what you are doing, how each is geared, and the general strategy.

As a pally in Chardok with a druid healer and bard CC I was spot-healing and keeping LoH for the main healer. Tossing stuns as needed but not in excess. The warrior probably had twice my hps and no issue with aggro at all. Change that up as a SK and you can help the monk pull; tagging with FD is trivially easy.

Change that scenario up with say a 51 warrior and 59+ knight or same-level but a knight with vasty better gear as a warrior i'd be happy just to dps. Save your disc if the MT drops and save the day; basically the pet class/ranger/monk plan.

Unconventional groups are fun and often more effective than most people expect. I did a Kael armor group with a warrior and bard. At the end everyone thought it went amazing. No, not "efficient" but fun and we still did it.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
war should always have a dps set for this case scenarior, you are going to need a set for raids anyways
At what lvl should you start building a second set of dps gear ? What stats would you put forward in the second set (other than str) ?
Old 03-25-2019, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by seren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At what lvl should you start building a second set of dps gear ? What stats would you put forward in the second set (other than str) ?
Bag1: Staff of Battle for 400p.

Done.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by seren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i remember dual wield starts to outdps 2h around lvl 38 or 40, so maybe around there get a cheap set like DN 1hander + frostbringer offhand. at 60 when you have the money and guildies then upgrade to dagas, swiftblade of zek, boc, etc.

don't bother with stats, there are only that many 1h war weapons you can buy/use. those extra str won't make a diff if the ratio is bad.

staff of battle, although very good for its price, is just a cheap way to avoid aggro. a jade mace + frostbringer offhand can outdps after lvl 38, fb on offhand don't really proc a lot thus its fine for dps.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Get those blazing gloves of Fennin Ro for that +1% dps upgrade! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread