Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It should be also noted that this functionality is not classic and needs to be fixed.
I posted this is a bug thread a few months ago.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ighlight=torch
Old 04-13-2019, 11:33 AM
Fire Giant

I know here enchanter animation benefit from higher damage weapons increasing there damage , but i do not rem this being so back in 1999. Then again i don t know if this was due to the delay of weapon given to pet helping them back then. I do remember playing a young enchanter back then and trying to give my animation a rusty two hander and various other weapon and it would never replace its basic weapon unless i gave it daggers.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 04-13-2019, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Giving the pet a light source also makes it easier to find it in the dark too!
Old 04-13-2019, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It should be also noted that this functionality is not classic and needs to be fixed.
It was in a patch note like 1 - 2 years ago, at the time everyone stopped using a torch for a little while but slowly realised it was still working.

And the pet wiki is correct, between like level 20 and 44 summoned pets can dual wield if you equip their offhands, once the pet got innate dual wield it's useless.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know here enchanter animation benefit from higher damage weapons increasing there damage , but i do not rem this being so back in 1999. Then again i don t know if this was due to the delay of weapon given to pet helping them back then. I do remember playing a young enchanter back then and trying to give my animation a rusty two hander and various other weapon and it would never replace its basic weapon unless i gave it daggers.
From what I recall the pet would always equip the fastest weapon. Their attack speed would then be modified by it. I think at some point they normalized the pet attack speed, however, but i'm not sure exactly when.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Correct and that fastest weapon teneded to be their animations basic weapon pet had. So when you gave it a 2hander it would not use it.

Here on p1999 enchanter pet can equip 2handers like fs two handed sword at level 1. they done check to see which is fastest weapon.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 04-13-2019 at 02:30 PM..
Old 04-13-2019, 04:12 PM
Kobold

Tome of the eternal gives the same effect as torch (secondary only so forced dual wield) but has -10 MR, making it perfect for enchanter pets.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I thought that might be the case. Wasn't sure if unclassic, or just one of those things that wasn't common knowledge back in the day.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:32 AM
Aviak

I always wanted to try and give a lower level pet a weighted axe to see if they do in fact hit for 90 with it. Has anyone tried this before?

Edit: well crap wiki says no
Old 04-15-2019, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always wanted to try and give a lower level pet a weighted axe to see if they do in fact hit for 90 with it. Has anyone tried this before?

Edit: well crap wiki says no
The weighted axe was fairly notorious (and effective) for that use on eq-live, which is why it's specifically disabled here. You can try some of the other high-damage weapons like Oggok Cleaver if you like. The 20-ish damage weapons that regularly drop in Great Divide certainly make weak low-level pets hit for in the 40's.

Danth
Closed Thread