Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 08:19 AM
Large Bat

Default Possible Assistance

Hello,

I am at the point my druid epic where I am ready to kill VSR for the pulsing green stone and was wondering if anyone would be willing to possibly assist today if he is up. The second stone can be randomed or given to whoever would be willing to help. Trying to save as much as I can in case I have to buy the pod of seawater. If anyone is willing to help, send me a tell in game on Tilleas or message me here, thanks.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Why not just join a guild? I'm not sure expecting raids full of strangers to help you with this AND your future fights is in any way realistic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Tilleas is a pretty good dude and one of the first druids I ran into when starting out who was just buffing and porting newbs around.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:54 AM
Kobold

Put a time together and I can help if I'm available.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

I would also like a free 35k
Old 04-14-2019, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Get me 3 60 enchanters, a cleric and dps and I'll do tank fight for you.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

One enchanter can do the Rune chain if you have enough DPS
Old 04-14-2019, 04:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not just join a guild? I'm not sure expecting raids full of strangers to help you with this AND your future fights is in any way realistic.
I joined a guild on my druid.. a well known friendly guild that has been around a long time. I wasn't expecting anything out of it, I never asked for anything and helped out where I could. The result? Well, I sure as shit didn't expect them to give the last piece I needed for my epic (the VSR stone) to an unguilded alt bot that was repeatedly sacc'd to stay low enough to fight Vox. Mind you that was the third time I did VS with them as well.. but every other time it at least went to someone who was guilded.

So what's the problem with asking others for help? Especially for a triggered fight. Assuming that person isn't an asshat their only alternatives are joining a "friendly" guild that is all about the officers or joining a top-tier guild that hardcore raids. I didn't care about hardcore raiding, I just wanted people to hang out with and through this experience found out they are selfish garbage, just like every other casual guild I've joined in the past 20 years.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I joined a guild on my druid.. a well known friendly guild that has been around a long time. I wasn't expecting anything out of it, I never asked for anything and helped out where I could. The result? Well, I sure as shit didn't expect them to give the last piece I needed for my epic (the VSR stone) to an unguilded alt bot that was repeatedly sacc'd to stay low enough to fight Vox. Mind you that was the third time I did VS with them as well.. but every other time it at least went to someone who was guilded.

So what's the problem with asking others for help? Especially for a triggered fight. Assuming that person isn't an asshat their only alternatives are joining a "friendly" guild that is all about the officers or joining a top-tier guild that hardcore raids. I didn't care about hardcore raiding, I just wanted people to hang out with and through this experience found out they are selfish garbage, just like every other casual guild I've joined in the past 20 years.

You're extremely cynical of friendly guilds. My experience was nothing like yours. The loot rules are usually clearly defined ahead of time.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with asking for help, but you shouldn't be surprised when at least some people find the notion of giving 20k plat worth (the value of that stone) of help to be at least a little dubious.

To the OP: If you get a group formed and are lacking dps, shoot me a message and if I'm available I will help.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Cause you're basically asking for a raid force to hand you a 35k item for free. VSR doesn't require any sort of questing up to that point that would separate him out (say, like ixiblat).

"Guys I really need a fungi on my alt. How about we get together a decent force and camp it. Ill take first fungi and the second one can be randomed" is basically what it sounds like.
Closed Thread