Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what's the problem with asking others for help? Especially for a triggered fight. Assuming that person isn't an asshat their only alternatives are joining a "friendly" guild that is all about the officers or joining a top-tier guild that hardcore raids. I didn't care about hardcore raiding, I just wanted people to hang out with and through this experience found out they are selfish garbage, just like every other casual guild I've joined in the past 20 years.
Look, I got my epic with a raid force from the forums; if you're especially bored I'm sure you can go find the thread. I'm certainly not saying it's wrong to get help from people who are willing to help.

But at the same time, what I've come to realize (having since joined a guild) is that what you're doing (and what I did) is/was selfish. We're relying on other people volunteering their time and getting nothing in return.

In a guild everyone helps each other. Yes everyone still has selfish motivations, but the nature of guilds is to channel those selfish motivations into greater good for everyone (in that guild). If you join a (not terrible) guild you'll have a raid force that is happy to help you, not just because they're nice people (though they probably are), but because they know you'll help them when it's time for their epic fight.

Oh, and also it's a hell of a lot easier to do it the guild way. I got my epic for my second character through my guild, and it was just night and day compared to my first epic. Plus, I never spent a cent (well, except for a MQ of the corrupted seahorse bit, but only after spending 16 hours on the stupid aqua goblin and then another nine on the corrupted seahorse ... none of which was my guilds fault).

My advice: check out http://wiki.project1999.com/Guilds:Guild_List. There's lots of non-raid guilds, but maybe consider a raid guild too. After all, you're going to want to get gear after your epic too, and raid guilds are a great way to do so.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

EQ is like real life...it rewards the folks who have the guts to ask for things with more than the folks that don't ask.

I wouldn't have done it this way, but I can't really criticize the OP if his post nets him a free item just for asking.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

He said if "anyone is willing to help"

I think people are being aggressive for no reason in this thread.
Closed Thread