Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At any rate, only way you'd have recourse is if there's evidence of a deliberate scam, and even then they'd just take action against the other guy, not refund your stuff. Hence /petitioning him might not be in your best interest even if you suspect a scam since you can't get a full or partial refund from a guy who's suspended. As noted earlier, though, a deliberate scam is unlikely. More likely is some snafu like insufficient faction or someone handing in the wrong item.

Danth
I don't know if I've ever petitioned anyone on here or on Live, so it's definitely not something I'm considering at this point. As I said before, I don't have any proof he did something wrong, and all I can do is assume he did everything correctly and I'm just very unlucky.

I wasn't aware before this that the seller traditionally shoulders the burden of risk. Had I known that, I would have spoken to him before the turn-in about what happens in the event of failure, or even after while I still had him around and knew his name. Since I didn't, I feel a little uncomfortable tracking him down and outright asking for a refund. He didn't offer at the time, and if he's okay with that, then I guess there's really nothing I can do.

Really sucks.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Well you said the Monk is from a good/reputable guild, which is usually enough for me and many others BUT just as a precaution it's probably good to get into the habit of asking for the link of the item they will be MQing to you. Sorry if you already said this.
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 04-17-2019, 04:20 PM
Banned

Monk in question probably won the legs on NBG basis in a group.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2019, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really appreciated your post until this part. It wasn't helpful or constructive, and I'm not sure why you felt it necessary to add it in.

Druids are a lot of fun. I care about that far more than being the best min-max choice at end-game.
Disregard Keza, fuck'him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hang in there man, don't lose interest! My main is a 60 druid, and i'd love to help you get back on your feet!! I can donate some bucks to get ya up and running again man! I know that's gotta deflate ya a bit.

I'm actually in Asgard too. Let me know if you are having issues trying to resolve this and i'll see if i can help investigate!

I remember when i did my first MQ for Thurg gear i went through the same feelings.. It's friggin stressful haha! Just keep in mind going forward to push all risks off on the seller, and make it known.. Payment after pixels..

Holler at me anytime man! I only play a few hours a week, which is spent mostly just helping people.. So holler any time!! At least for POTG! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2019, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk in question probably won the legs on NBG basis in a group.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hah qft
Old 04-17-2019, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you said the Monk is from a good/reputable guild, which is usually enough for me and many others BUT just as a precaution it's probably good to get into the habit of asking for the link of the item they will be MQing to you. Sorry if you already said this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's something I'm definitely going to do in the future. I'd never asked in the previous turn-ins, but they'd all done so anyways. This was the first time it wasn't linked to me prior. I'm not trying to imply he didn't have it, but thinking back over it, I should have made sure beforehand.

Honestly, re-reading some of my posts on this, I realize how careless I was being. It might have all happened the same way anyways, but I was assuming far too much, particularly for such a high dollar (for me) item. It's definitely a learning experience, if nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disregard Keza, fuck'him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hang in there man, don't lose interest! My main is a 60 druid, and i'd love to help you get back on your feet!! I can donate some bucks to get ya up and running again man! I know that's gotta deflate ya a bit.

I'm actually in Asgard too. Let me know if you are having issues trying to resolve this and i'll see if i can help investigate!

I remember when i did my first MQ for Thurg gear i went through the same feelings.. It's friggin stressful haha! Just keep in mind going forward to push all risks off on the seller, and make it known.. Payment after pixels..

Holler at me anytime man! I only play a few hours a week, which is spent mostly just helping people.. So holler any time!! At least for POTG! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's incredibly kind of you, man. I'll try to find you on my next login. Hopefully I'll get over this in a couple days and be ready to jump back in. To a lot of players on this server, I know that 12k isn't a lot of plat to lose. But to me that was a fortune, and it's hard to tell myself I'll get it back again right now.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

I just wanted to add something I've heard to do before doing the Thurg/Kael/SS MQs was to give the quest npc 4 disposable items such as 4 waters or something to clear their inventory before doing the MQ.

It came up when I was paying for an MQ for my monks bracer and I've been doing it since then. Whether it actually does anything is anybody's guess. Maybe somebody else with more understanding of the mechanics can chime in regarding this practice.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanted to add something I've heard to do before doing the Thurg/Kael/SS MQs was to give the quest npc 4 disposable items such as 4 waters or something to clear their inventory before doing the MQ.

It came up when I was paying for an MQ for my monks bracer and I've been doing it since then. Whether it actually does anything is anybody's guess. Maybe somebody else with more understanding of the mechanics can chime in regarding this practice.
Doesnt fix the situation.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To a lot of players on this server, I know that 12k isn't a lot of plat to lose. But to me that was a fortune, and it's hard to tell myself I'll get it back again right now.
What level are you currently? My advice would be to stop worrying about gear (which might be nice anyways; given your recent bad luck with it, forgetting about it might be merciful) and just focus on leveling.

I promise, once you get to 60 12k will be a lot easier to get. Consider CE (Crypt/Emperor) in Sebilis. In an average few hours at that camp a JBB or Heiro Cloak will drop, and they both sell for 12k or more. Sure there's bad nights also, but then again there's also a slight chance the Emp will drop Torpor (90k? something like that). And there's also smaller drops (like the weight reduction box) that you can get there as well.

Now of course you have to win the roll too, but if you do just six nights of that camp then statistically you'll win one of those items, and then you'll be right back to where you were before this incident.

And that's just a single camp: there's tons of others out there for level 60s that can earn you similar money. You could also do the Forager/Hunter cycle in TT or the dragon cycle in Skyfire (a couple Ikky BPs or a few of the right spell drops would get you to 12k). Or you could quad any number of things in Wakening Lands for gems and such that over time will get you somewhat similar plat.

Or ... you could join a guild, go to some raids, and use the DKP you earn to get either Dragon or Giant leggings (better than the Dwarf ones you lost).

The point is, it seems like a huge amount of plat and a huge loss now, but get to 60 and start doing something that earns decent plat for a level 60 (or join a guild) and within a few weeks I can all but guarantee you'll be better off than you were before you lost your MQ.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-17-2019 at 04:54 PM..
Old 04-17-2019, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level are you currently?
Level 5. You had a great write-up and it's all great advice, but it's hundreds of hours away from me currently.

I came back to the server a few weeks ago, and had a pre-nerf CoS I'd bought years ago on my necro, along with some other stuff I could salvage/sell to roll up my new character. When someone brought up velious armor with the clicky bp for a druid, I made the decision right then to tag mobs in Kael to get faction.

I was actually at your <Anonymous> open raid in Kael this weekend, and was the wood elf slinging fireballs at your giants during plate cycle. It was really nice of you guys to let me tag along on that, by the way. It was what got me my faction for thurg armor.

I really appreciate your post though. It's a good outlook to have. I'll take it to heart.
Closed Thread