Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Question Philosophy Chat

I have come to the realization that *most* P1999 players have IQs in the triple digits. This gave me an idea. I waste a considerable amount of time pondering existence (i.e. why are we here? Is there an afterlife? Am I in a simulation of a simulation? Is solipsism correct?) You get the idea. So I ask you, what are your personal philosophies on things such as these and pretty much anything else? Do you think there is a grand creator? Is it all random? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN? I encourage even the most unorthodox hypotheses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jMvuetD.jpg (42.8 KB, 102 views)
Old 07-08-2018, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Existential nihilism. I feel like I should elaborate, but it'd be ultimately meaningless. I'm not completely kidding either. I'm not well equipped for philosophical discussion since I never appreciated the purposely difficult language most philosophers choose. Brilliant ideas. Bad writing.

Overall I feel life is meaningless. I like existentialism because it encourages you to create your own meaning. I like absurdism because that search for meaning is almost destined to fail.

Sartre's Nausea, Camus's The Stranger, and Heller's Catch-22 helped shape my view of the world in a big way, but maybe those books just agreed with how I saw it by default.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Cecily; 07-08-2018 at 02:15 PM..
Old 07-08-2018, 02:29 PM
Banned

Why the hell would anyone assume humans exist for some reason? That we have some purpose we are supposed to fulfill or whatever...

I have no idea why most people take this as a given.

Purpose is a human invention. The purpose of a hammer is to hammer things. Because we made hammers to do that.

But if you start arguing the purpose of metal is to make things like hammers...this is very mush-headed thinking IMO.

People that worry about whether or not their in a simulation and all they know about reality is wrong or an illusion...I guess you don't have any real problems do you? I mean -- so what? We can't prove we aren't in a simulation so it is possible we are...there is no reason to think about it too much. Some things are unknowable -- so let them go.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

The behavior of all organic life is part of a single, nondecomposable complex dynamical system comprising temporally stable ecological invariances. Even this post is just part of some inhumanly cosmic nonsense that couldn't care less about me, my thoughts or my existence. Not only is the notion of free will an illusion, the notion of will itself is too. The system cannot be transcended or beaten, nor does it even make sense to speak of doing so. I'd tell you not to worry about it, but really, you have no control over that, nor would it matter if you did.

namaste friend
Old 07-08-2018, 03:03 PM
Banned

Great I look forward to engaging on this thread REAL SOON
Old 07-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-08-2018, 03:50 PM
Banned

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here.

It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on p1999 by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is p1999. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch.

I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here.

Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it 😎
Last edited by LulzSect©; 07-08-2018 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: Jus blaze it
Old 07-08-2018, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Conversion of energy. Where you think it goes, only matters to you.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzSect© [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here.

It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on p1999 by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is p1999. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch.

I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here.

Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it ��
Why do you feel the need to "RnF things up" in a non-RnF thread? Everyone was having a perfectly benign discussion about philosophy, so why interrupt it with insults and talk of "hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends"?

And if you say you did it because "the sun was in your eyes", so help me ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never appreciated the purposely difficult language most philosophers choose. Brilliant ideas. Bad writing.
This a million times over. As a Literature major I have no difficulty with the English language, but reading Gayatri Spivak made me want to gouge my own eyes out. Reading Kant had a similar, if lesser, effect.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-08-2018 at 04:55 PM..
Old 07-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you feel the need to "RnF things up" in a non-RnF thread? Everyone was having a perfectly benign discussion about philosophy, so why interrupt it with insults and talk of "hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends"?
Dont mind lulz he just reposts 4chin shitposts and pretends they are his like hes a world class shitposter. Let him enjoy his bald and fat delusions
Closed Thread