Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for that White Knight. Currently sitting at level 9 on the paladin, ready to enter and start tanking crushbone until 15 or so.

Good to know about that helm. I'm not too worried about the later levels since that's so damn far away. If I manage to take him that far, I probably will have no problem finding groups i would imagine.

Awesome info
May I ask what race you created? And where you allocated your starting points?
Old 08-22-2018, 10:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does that helm only proc at level 40? Can't see it since I'm on my phone at work. Should I wait to buy it then?

Trying to figure out my priority but order.

Can update on my currently paladin gear when I get home. Right now I'm using a scimitar and a shield that gives 25 hp, with a two handed dwarven axe on swap for the 20 damage hits. Mainly used that to one shot skeletons for bone chips.
Level 45.

You want to pick up a dw bracer, arms and helm (about 300-400pp each)

Arms give a free soothe spell for split pulling mana free, bracer a free stun.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:38 PM
Kobold

Sure,

I went dwarf paladin. 5 points into agility, the rest in strength. I've read wisdom would have been better for the mana returns but I personally like to me able to carry more stuff early. I've also never hit the end game on a character --- ever. Not even past 20. So I decided to go with the early game build route.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:46 PM
Kobold

My character life started out like this,

Made the paladin and walked outside the dwarf city for the first time. I'm immediately approached by someone asking if I could help xfer. The dude unloads two bags on me full of items I've seen around here, easily 10k pp worth of stuff.

Mighty trustworthy just glad he asked me.

I helped him xfer and gave it all over and he hooked me up with 89pp for my trouble and a helmet, bracer, and shield. Not too shabby.

I spent 1-5 cleaving skeletons, bought that 2h axe from a vendor for 6pp and then I spent the rest of the plat buying 32 crushbone belts. Took myself from 5-9 from my own bonechips and the belts. Also got all the leather pieces from that.

I know the title says untwinked but I'm not opposed to getting gear if I can. I was happy with it since it helped me skip the part 1-9 I've done idk how many times and never make it through. It was good for me, now I can get right to crushbone and grouping like I want. Maybe make some more plat and solo stuff when I'm unable to find a group.

Cheers
Old 08-22-2018, 10:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Does that helm only proc at level 40? Can't see it since I'm on my phone at work. Should I wait to buy it then?

Trying to figure out my priority but order.

Can update on my currently paladin gear when I get home. Right now I'm using a scimitar and a shield that gives 25 hp, with a two handed dwarven axe on swap for the 20 damage hits. Mainly used that to one shot skeletons for bone chips.
Its a clicky. Just stand and keep clicking it for a free heal. You cant use until 45. So just wait until then and then grab one. They're a fairly common item, so you will have no trouble finding one when you reach the minimum level to use it.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
My life started out like this,

walked outside the city for the first time. I'm immediately approached by someone. The dude unloads on me. I've seen stuff.

Mighty glad he asked me.

I helped him and gave it all over and he hooked me up with trouble. Not too shabby.
then I Took myself. Also got the leather.

I know the title says twink but I'm not opposed to getting it since it helped. It was good for me, now I can get grouping like I want. Maybe some more solo stuff when I'm unable to find a group.

Cheers
Old 08-22-2018, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sure,

I went dwarf paladin. 5 points into agility, the rest in strength. I've read wisdom would have been better for the mana returns but I personally like to me able to carry more stuff early. I've also never hit the end game on a character --- ever. Not even past 20. So I decided to go with the early game build route.
For sure if thats what you like.

Str and stm easiest stats to get for Pallies. Wisdom or dex best choices in the long run.

Paladins get a 40str buff at 60 and.. a 40 str buff that slow decays so they can give themselves a decaying 80str buff set later on. With a few decent str items you should be packing 255 str self buffed. I.e why wisdom or dex is best choice

My level 52 Paladin who I built around a manapool has more mana then some raid geared 60 Paladins.

As dwarf your cheap cultural armor set is packed to the teeth with stm and str too as a consideration.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Enchant...en_Plate_Boots example
Last edited by White_knight; 08-22-2018 at 11:39 PM..
Old 08-23-2018, 12:22 AM
Kobold

Cool! Thanks. I'm sure I WILL miss that wisdom later, but I think for how I play (filthy casual / scrub noob) the strength starter build will do me fine. I just need to get OUT of those early levels and expierence the world outside of greater Fay, which is where I've spent 95% of my time playing

Thanks again for the replies and feedback everyone. Even that strange and broken TLDR quote lol
Old 08-23-2018, 12:42 AM
Kobold

Just wanted post a quick update on where my character is at gear-wise now that I'm home and can check out his items.

Crustacean Shell Helm, bracers, and gauntlets
https://wiki.project1999.com/Crustacean_Shell_Helm
https://wiki.project1999.com/Crustacean_Shell_Gauntlets
https://wiki.project1999.com/Crustacean_Shell_Bracers

Small patchwork everything else (the leather items given from turning in the crushbone belts)

https://wiki.project1999.com/Squad_Ring
Looted off a decaying guard corpse

Weapon 1: Dwarven Two-Handed Axe
https://wiki.project1999.com/Dwarven_Two-Handed_Axe
Actually purchased this for about 6 plat by a vendor in a hut right outside Kaladim

Weapon 2: Scimitar

Shield: Marr's Promise
https://wiki.project1999.com/Marr%27s_Promise

Longbow (purchased from vendor)

So from what I've gathered... I should be looking to upgrade to:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Baton_of_faith
When should I get this? I think I read the dmg cap goes away at 20?

Also the DM helm, but I won't need that until later. Anything else for quality of life? Or is the baton the single most important thing to grab at 20 for leveling purposes?

Probbaly doing a little but of Crushbone tonight, maybe I can get a few more levels [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Insaiyan; 08-23-2018 at 12:44 AM.. Reason: item links
Old 08-23-2018, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Whoever said warrior for untwinked tank - umwhat LOL why u trolling this guy?

Paladin would be 100x less of a headache. Instant aggro spells. Lay on hands. Lull. Some healing. EZ choice.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread