Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 12:59 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda
Exclamation Exotic Drinks Quest

When you are completing the Exotic Drinks Quest please pay special attention to the updated step 7 (updates in red):

Quote:
Step 7: Go back to the Seafarer's Roost AFTER 6pm. Cast Human Illusion before going in. When you get in, cast Alliance on Gregor and give him the 4 items (Kiola Nut, Erud's Tonic, Honey Jum, Fish Corpse) ALL AT THE SAME time. He will give you 1 to 4 plat and the Bartender's Compendium. **NOTE** DO NOT GIVE THE 4 ITEMS TO HIM ONE AT A TIME. HE WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE REWARD IF YOU DO THAT!!
Wiki was updated today. Please realize though that the wiki is not the end all/be all of correctness. it is, after all, a wiki and is editable by your peers and may not be accurate. Always give the npc the items asked for all at once unless the npc specifically states otherwise. READ THE QUEST TEXT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS: I LIKE CAPS! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Thanks for the update Amelinda, if I ever roll an enchanter I think I'll do this one it looks fun.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Aviak

I just did this quest on my chanter alt last week, I turned all the items in at once and got the compendium no problem
Old 09-12-2011, 04:21 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

For whatever reason this suddenly became an issue yesterday and there were tons of petitions about this quest. SO MANY that i began to worry the entire quest might have been broken but then i discovered people were just following an incorrect wiki :P
Old 09-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just did this quest on my chanter alt last week, I turned all the items in at once and got the compendium no problem
Same here. I've done this quest four or five times now by handing all items in together. This sounds buggy.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for lookin' out for us functioning alcoholics, Amelinda!

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Old 09-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

Ditto on previously being able to hand in all 4 items at once to Gregor and receiving the barkeep's compendium. I would also like to add that, until recently (I would say within the last month), it was possible to hand Kizzie Mintopp 3pp with the honey combs to receive the honey jum, but now she will not give the sweet reward if you give her plats. I was at first afraid that she had merely eaten the honey combs, but giving her the 30gp she asks for in the quest text got the honey jum from her, even without handing her another round of honey combs.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Everything I know about the world is falling apart!!
Old 09-13-2011, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

this shit needs fiXes
Old 09-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

You can give Kizzie Mintopp your honeycombs 1 at a time and complete the quest for honey jum. However, handing in the items for the compendium one at a time as the p1999 wiki originally stated will fuck you out of your shit because that is what happened to me two nights ago. I did this quest for a little nostalgia and what I got instead was rage.

If the honey jum quest was not MQable, that would be the end of it. you'd lose 3 honeycombs and 30 gold and then you'd know that you'd have to turn everything in all at once for everything else. But instead, you can successfully MQ the honeyjum quest (also as per the wiki) and expect to be able to do the same when you do your turnins for the compendium, instead getting a big fat goose egg for all of your time.
Last edited by pickled_heretic; 09-13-2011 at 10:34 AM..
Old 09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For whatever reason this suddenly became an issue yesterday and there were tons of petitions about this quest. SO MANY that i began to worry the entire quest might have been broken but then i discovered people were just following an incorrect wiki :P
I saw your broadcasts and I was wondering what quest you were talking about. My understanding is the quest is not broken, but rather there was just a spike of people doing the quest? Does anybody know why that would be?

I'm collecting booze and brewing items, so I did the quest for the Compendium not long ago thinking that it was a recipe book. I was disappointed whan that jerk Gregor went and magically sealed the book before giving it to me!
Last edited by toddfx; 09-13-2011 at 11:05 AM..
Closed Thread