Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Aviak

Default Swimming Skill Raises

Swimming against walls no longer results in swimming skill riases (or the slow skill raise rate is beyond my patience to test further) as it did in Jan '12 Feb '12 and swimming skill raises have been drastically reduced in general from the rates during those times. The skill raise rate then was at least very close to classic EQ as was swimming against walls.

The rate as it is now is too slow and is far from the classic rates.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:29 AM
Sarnak

Proof? You will need more than this.
Find posts showing your reasoning.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTriad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swimming against walls no longer results in swimming skill raises and I am no longer able to afk swim into a corner (with an equipped EB item) and come back 2 hours later with swimming skill maxed. Please fix!
Fixed.

But seriously, not trying to be a jerk here, but what is it you are asking? As to your statement that this used to work this way in Jan or Feb '12, I am not sure I agree with this statement, and further, you offer no proof.

I will say that in April/May of '11 this did not work when I was leveling my iksar monk in Upper Guk. I was at the ancient croc spawn and there is plenty of time to afk there. Swimming into the wall did not produce any skill ups for me and I had to swim around to get them.

If you just believe that the skill itself isn't raising fast enough, I wouldn't know as I haven't had to level a toon in the last year. But it was never an especially quick skill to raise. Further, I think it is likely you actually need to move through the water to get skill ups.
Chimeran - 36 DE Enchanter
<The Mystical Order>
Old 07-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

I'm not even going to do any research on this. For as long as I played on live (1999 - 2006) you could raise your swimming skill by auto swimming into a wall. It worked here on p99 as well, however I always found it harder here to find a good spot that would work. I think it has to do with collision detection of some sort.

Keep trying in different areas etc, if it still doesnt work, come back and add to this post.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed.

But seriously, not trying to be a jerk here, but what is it you are asking? As to your statement that this used to work this way in Jan or Feb '12, I am not sure I agree with this statement, and further, you offer no proof.

I will say that in April/May of '11 this did not work when I was leveling my iksar monk in Upper Guk. I was at the ancient croc spawn and there is plenty of time to afk there. Swimming into the wall did not produce any skill ups for me and I had to swim around to get them.

If you just believe that the skill itself isn't raising fast enough, I wouldn't know as I haven't had to level a toon in the last year. But it was never an especially quick skill to raise. Further, I think it is likely you actually need to move through the water to get skill ups.
I cannot afford any eb items. I do not swim into walls for hours and I raise swimming nearly every level 5 points at a time. You all want me to provide proof but the only way to do that is to fraps for hours on end and I will not devote that much precious ssd space. If a dev wants to suggest a way to get data or to comment on any swimming changes they have made I welcome that.

If you and the others here haven't level toons in a year then why even post attacking my observations. You have almost nothing to contribute here. Are the forums so damn corrupted by Trolls that they now are also shiting up the bug reporting section?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Kobold

Sorry to necro this but this is absolutely the truth. Every character I played from vanilla onward had his swimming raised to max in a corner in Fironia Vie on autorun. On this server you do not apparently get skill points unless you are covering distance, and they come extremely slowly.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Banned

swimming is the only skill raising the same pace as classic. everything else is retarded. you ding and in 5 minutes every skill is maxed
Old 02-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

two adjacent arrows pressed down + enter, there's your max swimming over night
Old 02-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Aviak

One thing I noticed that I don't remember being classic, is that swimming skill is capped by level. I have no evidence, but from memory I thought swimming was a skill you could raise to max at level 1, like sense heading.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:27 AM
Fire Giant

super thread necro, but i just found this that was made in 2015 showing that you cannot get skillups while swimming at a wall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79z4wELCCYk

Asher