Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 07-25-2023, 08:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My final point on QM is that the spawn should have been left as is till a server reset happened. There was no reason to change it in the middle of a server lifecycle.
P99 Blue AND Green's lifecycle run contrary to this point, too. The only time P99 devs waited until a new server came out to change mechanics was Green launch with the dynamic lighting and lack of pet window and other mechanics. This was specifically to hype Green. Several other in-game mechanics were changed "as discovered" during both blue and green's lifecycles. Examples being Seafury loot, QM cloaks, Phase Spiders summoning.

The whole bug report forum exists in a large part to bring these changes to light for the devs, and the devs will, if convinced, post "Fixed pending next update". So yeah, QM change actually SHOULD have been done when it was done, as by then the devs had enough information to make the spawn more classic-accurate, and there's no reason to wait years to implement it only when Purple Server comes out.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-25-2023, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My final point on QM is that the spawn should have been left as is till a server reset happened. There was no reason to change it in the middle of a server lifecycle.
As usual, this guy just makes "points" and provides no actual evidence for why something should be the way he wants. You know who else does that? People who whine.

This latest point is just nonsensical and there's no reason to wait to try to make the mechanics more classic-esque.

Let's just all call this what it is. The new method of spawning and/or farming Quillmane is inconvenient/more difficult for this guy for whatever reason. So he comes here to whine about it and try to make up some argument that it's zone disruption because level 10 chars are all over the place in SK trying to kill low level wandering trash PHs for exp (Lol). Just the typical whiney P99 complaint where the person tries to mask it as something else.
Old 07-25-2023, 10:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As usual, this guy just makes "points" and provides no actual evidence for why something should be the way he wants. You know who else does that? People who whine.

This latest point is just nonsensical and there's no reason to wait to try to make the mechanics more classic-esque.

Let's just all call this what it is. The new method of spawning and/or farming Quillmane is inconvenient/more difficult for this guy for whatever reason. So he comes here to whine about it and try to make up some argument that it's zone disruption because level 10 chars are all over the place in SK trying to kill low level wandering trash PHs for exp (Lol). Just the typical whiney P99 complaint where the person tries to mask it as something else.
Oh look it's another liberal who says his point is the only one that matters and nobody will change his mind. Got it.
Old 07-25-2023, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Oh look it's another liberal who says his point is the only one that matters and nobody will change his mind. Got it.
So because I called you out about your agenda in complaining about the Quillmane changes and trying to mask it behind concern about zone disruption for lowbies, I'm now a liberal? Lol what? How unhinged are you?

Also, as an FYI I believe politics is to be limited to the Off Topic forum these days. Might want to scale the political tinged insults back bubs.
Old 07-25-2023, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 Blue AND Green's lifecycle run contrary to this point, too. The only time P99 devs waited until a new server came out to change mechanics was Green launch with the dynamic lighting and lack of pet window and other mechanics. This was specifically to hype Green. Several other in-game mechanics were changed "as discovered" during both blue and green's lifecycles. Examples being Seafury loot, QM cloaks, Phase Spiders summoning.

The whole bug report forum exists in a large part to bring these changes to light for the devs, and the devs will, if convinced, post "Fixed pending next update". So yeah, QM change actually SHOULD have been done when it was done, as by then the devs had enough information to make the spawn more classic-accurate, and there's no reason to wait years to implement it only when Purple Server comes out.
Except the devs used information from 2009 and 2016 as justification to change the QM spawn mechanics. Sounds pretty NOT CLASSIC to me. But then again the devs can do whatever the fuck they want and we have to kick rocks if we don't agree.
Old 07-25-2023, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except the devs used information from 2009 and 2016 as justification to change the QM spawn mechanics. Sounds pretty NOT CLASSIC to me. But then again the devs can do whatever the fuck they want and we have to kick rocks if we don't agree.
I can't recall the full discussion at the time but wasn't one of the things they said was they weren't sure the original mechanics were classic either, and they wanted to bring back some of that classic "feel" where people weren't entirely sure how the mechanic worked? Maybe the latter is gone now if everyone has figured it out, but that's inevitable
Old 07-25-2023, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In fairness, I am pretty sure I planted the "this disrupts the zone!" hair on fire seed.

Bigplays had the misfortune of thinking it was the clue for a good argument.

Never listen to post #50, is the lesson. You end up making a post #52.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-25-2023, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

I'd have probably kept playing green if all the TLPers had fucked off
Old 07-25-2023, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In fairness, I am pretty sure I planted the "this disrupts the zone!" hair on fire seed.

Bigplays had the misfortune of thinking it was the clue for a good argument.

Never listen to post #50, is the lesson. You end up making a post #52.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol fair point. Just gave him something to cling onto to justify why he wants it made more convenient for him
Old 07-25-2023, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
I can't recall the full discussion at the time but wasn't one of the things they said was they weren't sure the original mechanics were classic either, and they wanted to bring back some of that classic "feel" where people weren't entirely sure how the mechanic worked? Maybe the latter is gone now if everyone has figured it out, but that's inevitable
And that's where the project goes off the rails. When you try to enforce a single person's memory of how classic felt. If there was no definitive information how exactly the spawn worked the correct play was to leave it as it had been for 10+ years.