Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 07-26-2023, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epics are supposed to be hard to get, I don't see an issue with requiring the lev cloak for the mage epic. If anything some of the epics are way too easy (cough cough rogue shaman)
Well, the Shaman epic isn't that easy if you do it properly. It's still on the easier side of epics overall, but the failure of Verant to think through the ramifications of basing it entirely on faction is what's made it so incredibly easy here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-26-2023, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

If we are going to bitch about epics. Check out www.enchanterepichorror.org Donate if you can.

Not the quest, the item. It sucketh. Some in the community wanted a cc effect. No. Epic gets solved and... a melee buff that, for those who already had a VoG ready to mem, found pretty unfunny. When you are slogging through lvl 59 instead of working the quest you realize, I have not wasted any time. I will always have that.

What should have been the epic only came later, but now too late to be really significant.
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...tml?item=22651

That's the epic. Check my magelo. Vindication. Fuck yer shissar. A crime. Isn't that right?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-26-2023, 07:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
meant to say *casting time*, not casting cost
Tell me you play Magic the Gathering without telling me you play Magic the Gathering
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-26-2023, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Mage epic in particular is kinda unfairly stacked but that's the glory of classic EQ; like life, shit ain't balanced and that aids to the prestige and badassery of the mage epic. Also one of the more powerful epics, esp during kunark
Old 07-26-2023, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

I could cast a mana-less VoG, let's be real. The stats of course are nice, that's not the point.

Shaman epic 1.0 at least increased soloability, right? That's not a wash.
Old 07-27-2023, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, the Shaman epic isn't that easy if you do it properly. It's still on the easier side of epics overall, but the failure of Verant to think through the ramifications of basing it entirely on faction is what's made it so incredibly easy here.
True. I honestly wonder how many shamans have actually done the whole quest, like that dude you have to kill in the hole. Probably zero have done it on p99.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True. I honestly wonder how many shamans have actually done the whole quest, like that dude you have to kill in the hole. Probably zero have done it on p99.
I did it on live [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But yeah, when I made Loramin 2.0 here I did it the easy way (although still not the easiest way: I didn't know about the rez trick).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Shaman_Epic_Quest

For Shamwowi I did parts 1-7 and the final part. This includes doing part 4, the test of patience. That was an interesting experience. I skipped 8 and 9, which was the hole portion you are referring to.
Old 07-27-2023, 02:46 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These are all the possible PH's and percentages according to the wiki:

Cycle Spawn %

an elephant - 9
a lion - 16
a lioness - 12
a mist wolf - 3
a shadow wolf - 6
centaur archer - 2
centaur courser - 1
centaur sheltie - 3
aviak avocet - 2
aviak darter - 1
aviak harrier - 1
aviak rook - 1
an escaped Splitpaw gnoll - 12
a cyclops - 1
Quillmane - 7

At least three of these are killed by players. There is also another post saying that Treant and Centaur Chargers can also be a PH. I see lots of druids killing avocets across the zone. So yes, I would beleive if you followed the strategy to get QM to spawn it would be considered zone disruption.

SECOND STEP - find the PH

My method was to spend up to ten minutes trawling the zone for all of the mobs that might be the PH. From other threads and my brief experience, I believe they include:

an escaped splitpaw gnoll
a treant
a mist wolf
a shadow wolf
a lion
a lioness
an elephant
an aviak egret
an aviak avocet
a centaur sheltie
a centaur charger
a cyclops
an aviak harrier

Gather them in your wake, like a toddler's ride-on-train, until you have a good 15-20 mobs. I actually ignored treants in my first big pull, hoping to avoid faction hits.

If gathering up 20 of these mobs is not zone disruption I don't know what is
on the TAKP database source these are the spawn chances:

a lion - 23% chance
Quillmane - 18% chance
a lioness - 14% chance
an escaped Splitpaw gnoll - 13% chance
an elephant - 10% chance
a mist wolf - 8% chance
aviak egret - 3% chance
centaur sheltie 3% chance
a shadow wolf - 3% chance
centaur charger - 2% chance
aviak harrier - 1% chance
centaur foal - 1% chance
a cyclops - 1% chance

The Pegasus Feather Cloak drop rate is 25%
Old 07-27-2023, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoestring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on the TAKP database source these are the spawn chances:

a lion - 23% chance
Quillmane - 18% chance
a lioness - 14% chance
an escaped Splitpaw gnoll - 13% chance
an elephant - 10% chance
a mist wolf - 8% chance
aviak egret - 3% chance
centaur sheltie 3% chance
a shadow wolf - 3% chance
centaur charger - 2% chance
aviak harrier - 1% chance
centaur foal - 1% chance
a cyclops - 1% chance

The Pegasus Feather Cloak drop rate is 25%
How accurate is the TAKP database source? Isn't it out of era? Or I guess probably not for something like this since I can't imagine the Quillmane PH spawn %s changed much post-Velious (or at least not right in Luclin)