Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-21-2023, 07:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of things here are simply what they pick and choose to be classic. Also every zone seems to have different rules, especially in the beginning with list camps. Also outdoor vs indoor camps and what you can and cannot claim. For example, I was leveling with a group in CB making our way to the throne room. I was literally pulling a path to it when two Kingdom members just go in and start PL'ing. When I petitioned we were denied because they got there first even though we were clearing to it. I'm not sure if rading works the same with quakes and if groups/guild skip over each other when the other is fighting but just make everything FFA and don't police it.
Raiding does work like this, unfortunately. "Leap-Frogging" is a real strategy where one raid is clearing to something and another raid blows past them with a DA trainer to temporarily displace all the mobs so the rest of the raid can get in and get FTE, then get the mob dead. The training raid is responsible for their train so as to not wipe any other guilds with it, and that's how half of petitions happen :P

The "selectively classic" argument is a sound one. That's why https://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium exists. Whenever something's different from Live, it's usually some kinda exploit prevention, but in some cases we have the thing like the Sro AC, which makes me wonder if evidence is even out there as to how it used to work.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 08-21-2023, 07:15 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raiding does work like this, unfortunately. "Leap-Frogging" is a real strategy where one raid is clearing to something and another raid blows past them with a DA trainer to temporarily displace all the mobs so the rest of the raid can get in and get FTE, then get the mob dead. The training raid is responsible for their train so as to not wipe any other guilds with it, and that's how half of petitions happen :P

The "selectively classic" argument is a sound one. That's why https://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium exists. Whenever something's different from Live, it's usually some kinda exploit prevention, but in some cases we have the thing like the Sro AC, which makes me wonder if evidence is even out there as to how it used to work.
The devs mentioned on one of the interviews that people thought that Pzyjn was spawned only at night etc and they said it was completely wrong. She was a % off one of the mobs in the zone, a low %.

From what I read about the AC in Sro and OOT, they were a % spawn off a PH. Sro AC was never a 9pm spawn and AC in OOT was never a 6 min static spawn. The cyclops was a roamer according to alakazam and when I played in classic, I remember the AC being a roaming mob because I killed it on some hill and it was pathing.