Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-07-2023, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by grims [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Levi is important to be able to be competitive in a pvp sense and PVE can be life saving for a mid level character while having nearly no access to it without track.

What other item in the game that is needed consistently to safely complete content is impossible locked behind a tracking, lock picking, defensive or complete heal wall under 50

pretty sure its none of them and a lot of people don't want to hassle other people to time sink other peoples time
Pretty sure its none of them
Think I got a lev cloak on maybe one of my characters? It's really not important to have for your average player in any way. The only real time it becomes very valuable to have is in situations like quakes or trying to contest spawns in ToV/WW/DN where you don't have time to wait for someone to come along and lev you in CS for the run to SG (assuming you didn't locket bind at TOV). Other than that it's really just a completely "nice to have but not really needed" item.

Next thing you know this guy and bigplays are going to be complaining that too many people roll on the drops they need in HoT.
Old 08-07-2023, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up Not that it would be fair to make people roll on worthless pieces either

I mean it is frustrating where like 1 tank and 3 clerics show up to HoT/Wexit but you have 30 people roll on plate. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-07-2023, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean it is frustrating where like 1 tank and 3 clerics show up to HoT/Wexit but you have 30 people roll on plate. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol aint that the truth
Old 08-12-2023, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grims [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New Quillmane setup is cheeks. You can spend over 12 hours killing spawns solo as only person in zone and never spawn it. I had this experience on red. New system heavily advantages only tracking classes. I never had this issue with blue or green.

I respect the devs and mods but at the same time they got this new system wrong it only advantages people built to track/ pay someone to do so and makes getting a cloak near impossible for others.

That or you are forced to rely on friends without compensating them for their time / create a tracker yourself for a singular item.
Tracking classes have always been advantaged toward quillmane. She has multiple spawn points that are chosen at random, in a huge outdoor zone. Rangers with max tracking can only track about a 4500 unit radius, which isn't even close to the whole zone, but they still have a huge advantage even before this change.

Quillmane hard to get: confirmed working.
Old 08-20-2023, 11:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"It's tough to argue with a smart person, but it's impossible to argue with an idiot." The fact that the Quillmane change didn't change the # (except for the reduced drop rate %) of cloaks looted, but rather the # classes who could do it (yes I've heard ad nauseum about how anyone can) without even more frustration is just shameful. The posts about the reasoning behind the change is pure nonsense. That's the point. Quillmane is still a farmed entity no less than before. Lower output is purely due to the drop rate % only.
My biggest gripe with this is that they changed it in the middle of nowhere based off of someone who read some forum post. If we are to follow this, then I can dig up any post from say 2002 and argue it should be this or that way. AC was never a 6 min static spawn in OOT but here we are.
Old 08-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tracking classes have always been advantaged toward quillmane. She has multiple spawn points that are chosen at random, in a huge outdoor zone. Rangers with max tracking can only track about a 4500 unit radius, which isn't even close to the whole zone, but they still have a huge advantage even before this change.

Quillmane hard to get: confirmed working.
If we are going to go this route, then let's make it that you need to use the classic UI under classic locked resolution and state at your med book till 35. I mean if we want classic may as well go all in right?
Old 08-21-2023, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
New system heavily advantages only tracking classes.
..... oh NO!
Old 08-21-2023, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we are going to go this route, then let's make it that you need to use the classic UI under classic locked resolution and state at your med book till 35. I mean if we want classic may as well go all in right?
We did have both forced books while medding and classic ui locking on Green; both were removed when it was time period appropriate.

Was either one perfectly classic? No, but when you recreate a 20+ year-old game things often aren't.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-21-2023, 07:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My biggest gripe with this is that they changed it in the middle of nowhere based off of someone who read some forum post. If we are to follow this, then I can dig up any post from say 2002 and argue it should be this or that way. AC was never a 6 min static spawn in OOT but here we are.
Actually, you CAN do this. If enough posts line up and you post in the Bug forum with enough evidence, they WILL look into it and adjust mechanics accordingly (except not 2002 because that was Luclin/PoP era).

QM was changed because of an actual dev interview. Sro is less clear, but seriously if you can find enough evidence that matches up, post it in the bug forum!
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 08-21-2023, 08:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not true. It was changed based on an Allah post from 2009 and data from EQ live that Haynar collected in 2021.
This. One person posted some post from zam and here we are