Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 06:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't even bother with the enchanter epic. it's easily in the F tier of epics. it's a free haste. so what? mana generation is not a problem for an enc.
It's more of a personal thing, been interested in EQ 20+ years and have never earned an epic or seen a raid zone. I am determined to try and do both before I die.

But this is assuming I even choose enchanter, I'm still not sure. Been sitting here literally two days trying to decide, after liquidating all of my gear and life savings.
Old 04-24-2021, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's more of a personal thing, been interested in EQ 20+ years and have never earned an epic or seen a raid zone. I am determined to try and do both before I die.

But this is assuming I even choose enchanter, I'm still not sure. Been sitting here literally two days trying to decide, after liquidating all of my gear and life savings.
Hmmm....given a 10 year timeline? May be do-able. I believe the roadblock mob Verina is still nearly perma-locked down even on blue which has been out for 10 years. Although I have heard of some people sneaking a kill. What you need to do is find a shaman with torpor willing to give you his RL phone #, and offer a bribe of like 3-5k pp. Then camp your enchanter at the mob and continue to check for weeks and months, and then phone the shaman to log on and meet you if she ever came up. Supposedly she can be solo'd but it sounds pretty complicated (need to have some clickies like complete heal for charmed pet and I believe to drain all her mana somehow), and it would be easier to get a single char to duo her than trying to get a larger group to help. But you'd still run into the problem of getting the shaman down to her before someone else noticed and stole the kill. Most of the time I heard on forums of someone sneaking the kill is when they had a torpor shaman able to meet them to duo her
Last edited by unsunghero; 04-24-2021 at 07:45 PM..
Old 04-24-2021, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm....given a 10 year timeline? May be do-able. I believe the roadblock mob Verina is still nearly perma-locked down even on blue which has been out for 10 years. Although I have heard of some people sneaking a kill. What you need to do is find a shaman with torpor willing to give you his RL phone #, and offer a bribe of like 3-5k pp. Then camp your enchanter at the mob and continue to check for weeks and months, and then phone the shaman to log on and meet you if she ever came up. Supposedly she can be solo'd but it sounds pretty complicated (need to have some clickies like complete heal for charmed pet and I believe to drain all her mana somehow), and it would be easier to get a single char to duo her than trying to get a larger group to help. But you'd still run into the problem of getting the shaman down to her before someone else noticed and stole the kill. Most of the time I heard on forums of someone sneaking the kill is when they had a torpor shaman able to meet them to duo her
That is fair. I probably won't look at enchanter anymore then. I also heard the clicky thing was no longer doable with Soulfire only being usable by paladins now (which isn't a bad thing imo, real paladins never had a chance to get soulfire before the change). But, I dunno, part of me had hoped even my socially awkward and depressed ass might have made at least a couple of friends by then to help out.

Back to the drawing board I suppose then, lol.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is fair. I probably won't look at enchanter anymore then. I also heard the clicky thing was no longer doable with Soulfire only being usable by paladins now (which isn't a bad thing imo, real paladins never had a chance to get soulfire before the change). But, I dunno, part of me had hoped even my socially awkward and depressed ass might have made at least a couple of friends by then to help out.

Back to the drawing board I suppose then, lol.
Don't let people discourage you: you can get any epic on P99, if you have enough time and dedication. You may have to make friends, join an uber guild, etc. ... but it's 100% doable.

Quite literally someone of each class gets their epic every other week, if not every week (at least when the devs feel inclined to do earthquakes ... it's probably closer to once a month when they don't). You could be that someone.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quite literally someone of each class gets their epic every other week, if not every week (at least when the devs feel inclined to do earthquakes ... it's probably closer to once a month when they don't). You could be that someone.
Thank you for that. It's what I always figured too, P99 only has so many people, and only a percentage of those are even epic eligible, right? I always kind of clung to that as a bit of hope that even someone like me would be able to eventually get one.

But yup, atm I am doing both of the necro and enchanter SolRo armor piece quests, just in case I decide to pick one of those classes for my main. Still trying to decide but I figure it's better than just sitting here doing nothing, right? xD
Old 04-24-2021, 11:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thank you for that. It's what I always figured too, P99 only has so many people, and only a percentage of those are even epic eligible, right? I always kind of clung to that as a bit of hope that even someone like me would be able to eventually get one.

But yup, atm I am doing both of the necro and enchanter SolRo armor piece quests, just in case I decide to pick one of those classes for my main. Still trying to decide but I figure it's better than just sitting here doing nothing, right? xD
Yea didn’t mean to discourage. Could always still join a powerguild, make friends who happen to be on, schedule a kill of Verina (if people do that?), etc

And there should be a complete heal clicky that exists, a weapon with 1 charge of complete heal. It supposedly is useful for tough solo kills, since you can complete heal your charmed pet with it
Last edited by unsunghero; 04-24-2021 at 11:37 PM..
Old 04-24-2021, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea didn’t mean to discourage. Could always still join a powerguild, make friends who happen to be on, schedule a kill of Verina (if people do that?), etc

And there should be a complete heal clicky that exists, a weapon with 1 charge of complete heal. It supposedly is useful for tough solo kills, since you can complete heal your charmed pet with it
I am hoping I could join a decent guild one day. I just need to pick a main and stick to it. That's the tough part right now, haha. Been sitting here trying to figure out where I really want to go there.

Are you referring to the Reaper of the Dead? I'm wondering if that is usable by non-SKs. If so that might actually be a good case for rolling a dark elf Innoruuk enchanter.
Old 04-24-2021, 11:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
I am hoping I could join a decent guild one day. I just need to pick a main and stick to it. That's the tough part right now, haha. Been sitting here trying to figure out where I really want to go there.

Are you referring to the Reaper of the Dead? I'm wondering if that is usable by non-SKs. If so that might actually be a good case for rolling a dark elf Innoruuk enchanter.
Yes I think it can be cast from inventory
Old 04-25-2021, 12:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Yes I think it can be cast from inventory
That's pretty cool. I'm leaning toward that option. Dark Elf Inny chanter is now #1 on my list. I know that deity isn't the best choice for an enchanter but I like the flavor, and the feeling that I just belong in Neriak. Plus it would help with acquiring reapers of the dead.
Old 04-25-2021, 12:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
That's pretty cool. I'm leaning toward that option. Dark Elf Inny chanter is now #1 on my list. I know that deity isn't the best choice for an enchanter but I like the flavor, and the feeling that I just belong in Neriak. Plus it would help with acquiring reapers of the dead.
Don’t think you need that Diety to use the reaper, not sure how to get the reaper tho. Then I think you need a clicky that will cast a junk buff, because she dispels, so she’ll dispel charm unless you protect it with junk buff spam. And there’s only 1 particular NPC in Neriak you’ll want to charm vs her. Then she complete heals and I think it’s difficult to prevent. So I think some have won by completely draining her mana via spells. She’s not an easy solo, but it’s been done
Closed Thread