Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 06-06-2023, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ngl the fear kiting in seb was solid

im in the middle of a pretty hectic week and im on a flight to san diego on business saturday morning

i really want to take a crack at beating your clear time, though...just may be a while
No rush. I appreciate you are willing to do the video whenever you have the time. I am excited to see it! I kinda hope you do beat my time, so I can try to get a faster time too hehe.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epic Def better but purely dps wise both gonna use tuna or vulak so it's all same. Pet/fd vs lull,root,heals,mini torp. Sk does more in group content that no one cares about , both parse similar in raids. This whole thing is DSM nonsense, hope that helps.
Bro why are you so obsessed with raiding, this is a locked server. You can win content with only wars/clerics.

Majority do care about group/solo content.
Old 06-06-2023, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bro why are you so obsessed with raiding, this is a locked server. You can win content with only wars/clerics.

because sorry you dont got warder loot

hope this helps
Old 06-06-2023, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sorry ya don't got raid
Old 06-06-2023, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry ya don't got raid
Sorry I failed on all 3 servers
Old 06-06-2023, 06:26 PM
Aviak

There are plenty of weapons you can give a pet that greatly increase their dps. 1-59, if sk want to do more dps they can easily with comparable weapons, but it can be a pain as many or the good pet weapons are lore so you only get so many chances before having to restock.

at 60 dps is not an important aspect of either classes typical gameplay except pp farming. overall pally is way more useful at 60 imo to have in your stable, but sk can do some really tricky stuff if you put in the time/effort to get the gear to near BiS level with all the fun toys.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are plenty of weapons you can give a pet that greatly increase their dps. 1-59, if sk want to do more dps they can easily with comparable weapons, but it can be a pain as many or the good pet weapons are lore so you only get so many chances before having to restock.

at 60 dps is not an important aspect of either classes typical gameplay except pp farming. overall pally is way more useful at 60 imo to have in your stable, but sk can do some really tricky stuff if you put in the time/effort to get the gear to near BiS level with all the fun toys.
I do feel like pallies have an edge 45-60 but if you’re trying to do bis solo stuff at 60 I’d rather have a sk for fd.
Old 06-07-2023, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I do feel like pallies have an edge 45-60 but if you’re trying to do bis solo stuff at 60 I’d rather have a sk for fd.
Yeah Paladins are better whenever you are fighting mobs that are level 55+ and/or they are fear immune. At that point typically a Paladin edges out because they are just more consistent.

You don't have to worry about spell resists because you are typically just healing yourself. I would prefer to use a Paladin over an SK when soloing Cliff Golems, for example. Not saying SKs can't do that, but a Paladin will probably have an easier time.

SKs are better whenever you can fight fearable mobs, or you need FD. Crit failing a Soothe on a group of tough mobs while you are deep in a dungeon sucks.
Old 06-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

I wonder what some of the most fun/profitable solo and small man well-geared knight adventures are.

I think either knight could solo large chunks of seb (crypt?). Probably some decent chardok named too. Maybe a4 animals and twins?

For duo camps, I've had a good experience at fungi king with an sk on my ench. Maybe a paladin could duo the camp with a monk or an sk. Not sure that either knight make sense at puppets, but maybe?

I recently found out eejag is duoable with a fully buffed sk and a cleric. Taps don't land on him so I guess a paladin would have it easier -- maybe even solo it with a full soulfire and a reaper. Is there anything that both requires a soulfire to solo and has a valuable enough corpse to justify it?
Old 06-07-2023, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder what some of the most fun/profitable solo and small man well-geared knight adventures are.

I think either knight could solo large chunks of seb (crypt?). Probably some decent chardok named too. Maybe a4 animals and twins?

For duo camps, I've had a good experience at fungi king with an sk on my ench. Maybe a paladin could duo the camp with a monk or an sk. Not sure that either knight make sense at puppets, but maybe?

I recently found out eejag is duoable with a fully buffed sk and a cleric. Taps don't land on him so I guess a paladin would have it easier -- maybe even solo it with a full soulfire and a reaper. Is there anything that both requires a soulfire to solo and has a valuable enough corpse to justify it?
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Keerarae

Check out Keeraraes profile he has posted videos of his kills. I think chardok is the most Lucrative for a sk. If your goal is to be a solo artist knight I think sk wins out in the end having fd is just so nice. And taps will land on most if not all soloable mobs. Pally does get soul fire clicks loh and better heals but then technically you could just mass stock wort pots.