Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-20-2023, 09:58 PM
Kobold

Default What motivates VQ, Riot, Gravity, and GOML?

Having done a little bit raiding in semi-casual raiding guilds, I'm curious what motivates people in the Hardcore raiding guilds? Raiding, from my experience, is the most boring, aggravating, part of classic EQ, especially here on P99. What drives people to spend days sitting in 1 spot to wait for something to spawn, at a slim chance of enough guildies showing up in time to kill it and having enough DKP to outbid everyone else in your guild. I enjoy my sleep too much to spend 24hrs awake trying to get some rare mob to spawn. Why do they find this fun? I would rather roll a new naked toon and level up again than spend a significant amount of time trying to do this. Also, all of the cheating and exploiting of certain parts of the game suggest that the hardcore raiding guilds actually don't want fair competition. Why then do they say that they do? I'm very confused by the people that play in those guilds.
Old 05-20-2023, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

so they can post "sorry you don't got" in response to posts like yours
Old 05-20-2023, 10:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay?
Old 05-20-2023, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

super serious mental health awareness trigger warning

A u t i s m aka neurodivergence (*note there are both pros and cons to being autistic so a whole-istic approach is best (don't be so negative or such a downer about it! (Big sweaty bob from fight club hugs)))
Old 05-20-2023, 10:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do I even respond to this? It doesn't even annoy me. More like, " oh Look another Idiot." I mean the whole" Sorry you don't, hope this help." Response is pretty much the most overused meme here in RNF. It's not even creative at this point, just mimicking other idiots that just repeat it. How about instead of parroting others, actually being honest about what makes you want to raid in whatever guild you're in. I'm actually legitimately curious about it, I'm not trying to be a jackass, I just want to understand what drives people to do this?
Old 05-20-2023, 10:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

super serious mental health awareness trigger warning

A u t i s m aka neurodivergence (*note there are both pros and cons to being autistic so a whole-istic approach is best (don't be so negative or such a downer about it! (Big sweaty bob from fight club hugs)))
Are you saying that everyone in these guilds is on the Autism spectrum? Or is this a pretty insult you projected towards me, because your tiny ego feels triggered by my questioning of what most normal people would considered quite bizarre behavior?
Old 05-20-2023, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Both?
Old 05-20-2023, 11:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both?
Lol, I guess at least your admitting it. Remember that admitting your bad behavior is the 1st step to becoming a better person.
Old 05-20-2023, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do I even respond to this?
idk, accept the fact other people are going to play video games differently than you and move the fuck on?

there is like 100+ other servers available for those not willing to deal with the way this server handles raids

hope this helps.
Old 05-20-2023, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

I'm always trying [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You know what. It's all gravy. These games are great for certain folks. It really is a good thing for them. And I wish them more of what they seem to enjoy.

I don't think the raid scene is really right for you tho. You're on the first step to like making EQ art instead or writing a table top module now that you see it. Which is good also.