Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-21-2023, 03:24 AM
Kobold

Default Is the Raid Scene on Project 1999 Toxic?

With the amount of guild breakups that happen on this server it leads me to wonder if perhaps something is inherently wrong with the raid scene. The list of guild diverges and descendants leads me to speculate why this happens so much. My speculation is that the raid scene is so high pressure and anxiety producing, that it inevitably leads to toxic, overbearing guild leaders. Every guild that has been created may have started with good intentions, but it inevitably breaks down and becomes toxic over time. This toxicity coming from guild leadership leads to a guild breaking up and the members breaking off to form their own guild that will "be better", "more pleasant", "faster" etc. but than over time these new leaders become toxic as well, continuing the cycle of toxicity. What do you think? Is the raid scene toxic? Will the cycle ever end? Is there any way that the raid scene could be fixed?
Old 05-21-2023, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the amount of relationship breakups that happen in this high school it leads me to wonder if perhaps something is inherently wrong with the high school relationship scene. The list of relationship diverges and descendants leads me to speculate why this happens so much. My speculation is that the coupling scene is so high pressure and anxiety producing, that it inevitably leads to toxic, overbearing communication breakdowns. Every relationship that has been created may have started with good intentions, but it inevitably breaks down and becomes toxic over time. This toxicity coming from people in relationships leads to a relationship breaking up and the members breaking off to form a new relationship that will "be better", "more pleasant", "faster" etc. but than over time these new couples become toxic as well, continuing the cycle of toxicity. What do you think? Is the relationship scene toxic? Will the cycle ever end? Is there any way that the relationship scene could be fixed?
You are overthinking this. Or listen to this:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hells yeah! Better than a celestial heal!
Old 05-21-2023, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqF3J8DpEb4&t=2s

We didn't start the fire.
Old 05-21-2023, 11:20 AM
Banned

About 5 people in any given population are the biggest problem

Just look at some of the lying and clowns in the UN
Old 05-21-2023, 11:34 AM
Banned

Yes.
Old 05-21-2023, 12:02 PM
Kobold

Unfortunately the most motivated people in a competitive scene, long term, skews towards people who never feel satisfied. 25 years of wiki knowledge for 3 years of content does indeed make things top-heavy and bottlenecked as people stop exploring and follow the known path to Desired Loots.

On blue it's not socially bad right now from my limited experience. Mostly alliances follow rules and are good sports about another guild picking up a target after a wipe, congrats and sometimes resses and ports get shared.

Where it is unavoidably toxic is physically, because there's so much knowledge that every desirable raid target is killed like minutes after they spawn. If you aren't excited about getting up at 2am because a video game needs you then just pre-emptively make your peace with never getting a chance at loot that was honestly designed to be rare and know that your enjoyment of the game will not be contingent on loot completionism
Old 05-21-2023, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not convinced it's about loot. People who don't do this think, wow, they get all the loot.

I am not sure what the people who actually do this, and who get the loot, are thinking. I am not sure they know. Also, down time on base you gotta fill those hours somehow. A merchant marine used to be a constant, until his ship would enter into the ocean. Which meant he would suddenly blip out, 5 days later, "Hey guys, can you get my corpse? I'm back in port."

It can be fun, you just have to have some skillset for managing some very stressed out events. Everyone is different.

Most guilds do take "stress breaks." That's another post.
Old 05-21-2023, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

Riot broke the cycle.
Old 05-21-2023, 01:19 PM
Banned

I'm still not sure what the term "toxic" is supposed to mean. People often cite Teal as being this magical "non-toxic" version of green, but I'm skeptical of that. It's just the nature of the game that the most competitive and cut throat people rise to the top.

Usually raid guilds end one of two ways: Core classes get burnt out and stop playing, so the guild is absorbed into some other guild, or one of the egomaniacs running it doesn't like something and decides to go start a different guild to fuck you dad the old guild.

It's all quite dramatic and fun and interesting, I don't see any of it as toxic. It's much more interesting than playing any modern theme park mmo.
Old 05-21-2023, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Teal has a unique system in which they removed any and all toxic players. Confirmed complete detoxification.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung