Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-22-2023, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teal has a unique system in which they removed any and all toxic players. Confirmed complete detoxification.
Toxic players are not welcome on Teal, thus why you don't ever see any Teal-based toxicity threads.
Old 05-22-2023, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Ogre walls are classic.

And in case you haven't noticed, we don't tolerate fatty-shaming. This new p99 that Mitch and Murray got lined up, it's an ace!
Old 05-22-2023, 03:47 PM
Banned

nah its the least toxic raiding environment in any MMO ever

real talk
Old 05-22-2023, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic competition is trains and ogur walls?
Classic competition was recruiting a big enough team, doing encounters like the planes over and over until your team had enough gear, and then trying to kill really hard mobs the most with that team.

The guilds that "won" in classic didn't win because of trains or ogre walls ... they won because they played the PvE game the best (as a team).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-22-2023, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Competition is thriving on p99. Drafts have also increased the number of competitive raid entities. Quake meta will be remembered as the most competitive scene so far p99.

Quakes are competition - and its fun. Windows are not.
Old 05-22-2023, 05:00 PM
Kobold

Why am I not surprised the guy who rage quit his guild over not getting a SoD is the one pushing for welfare mobs?
Old 05-22-2023, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why am I not surprised the guy who rage quit his guild over not getting a SoD is the one pushing for welfare mobs?
I heard get off my lawn cried asking for welfare mobs for months!
Old 05-23-2023, 12:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic competition was recruiting a big enough team, doing encounters like the planes over and over until your team had enough gear, and then trying to kill really hard mobs the most with that team.

The guilds that "won" in classic didn't win because of trains or ogre walls ... they won because they played the PvE game the best (as a team).
I remember trains and ogur walls.
Old 05-23-2023, 09:10 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonzabi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have hundreds of people bunched up in raid content for 7+ years that was never officially meant to be endgame for more than 1 year until the next expansion. Of course people are going to be agitated in the raid scene.
We hope you enjoyed your visit to the Everquest museum... Oh... you are all moving in and turning this into your virtual homelessness camp..?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Stay strong my friends! Help is available if you seek it... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2023, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

all the OG everquest players got chased off by the mentally ill bariatric basement dwellers

p99 somehow devolved into the southpark episode of world of warcraft

i think its more of a symptom of free accounts and free access to the services and service. when people have to work for something they generally take better care of it.