Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah unless you got a tier 1 operator shooting up a mall, then chances are you can neutralize the threat by means of martial. if I can get into arms reach of the shooter, its over for them, I guarantee that. Any amateur psycho is gonna lack the situation awareness to realize that I am maneuvering into their field space. But then again, I was trained to do so.

I'd still recommend the Run-Hide-Fight advice that is preached to civvies should they encounter a shooter. Even if they are a well trained licensed carrier, without that simulated chaos of live fire structure clearing, you don't get to experience that sensory overload that you will encounter in a real world setting.

Guns are a tough issue for sure, theres no good way out, or good way in.

I'm a gun owner and enthusiast, and even I find gun laws to be wacky.

"So, I can purchase a handgun, then buy a RONI stabilizer kit, and it operates like a semi-auto SMG, and its legal to fire from the wrist, but if I put the stabilizer up against my shoulder and fire it like its a stock, then thats illegal?"

weirdos.
Tldr to have a chance to disarm an opponent.

* You need the element of suprise.
* To close the distance. Or already be in range.
* Lightning fast muscle memory and reflexes.

I doubt people are practicing disarms at their PE coach guildeadmaster in middle school though. They should be.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah unless you got a tier 1 operator shooting up a mall, then chances are you can neutralize the threat by means of martial. if I can get into arms reach of the shooter, its over for them, I guarantee that. Any amateur psycho is gonna lack the situation awareness to realize that I am maneuvering into their field space. But then again, I was trained to do so.
This reads like a Steven Seagal: Lawman line, just awesome
Old 11-23-2021, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I doubt people are practicing disarms at their PE coach guildeadmaster in middle school though. They should be.
yeah this is why i feel the best advice for most people is run hide fight.

Pandora's box is open, guns are ubiquitous, and on top of that they are a device that begets their own necessity, the more guns that there are, the more guns are needed. All weapons in general follow this pattern.

To even consider a world without firearms is a utopian pipe dream, its simply absurd wishful dreaming.

Real world is, there's bad shit out there of all types, prepare yourself as best that you can.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m all for no guns, because then we get back to the cave man days of might makes right. And I currently have an advantage in that area. Take away guns and force everyone to engage in physical combat and I instantly become less likely to be chosen as a victim

As I get older and more frail tho then I’m gonna regret no guns….
Ya fuck the majority of females, children, and disabled

/s /s /s

I honestly think it's too late for civvies tho.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Most mass shooters are skinny little incel nerds wearing too much gear

A tackle to get them on the ground with 200lb me is going to be too disorienting to them to bring a gun in line. Then with adrenaline pumping I would be punching them in the head/face hard enough to break my own hands and not notice. Pretty sure I could kill them in less than 2 minutes of hits

But again, who knows how it would actually play out
Old 11-23-2021, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This reads like a Steven Seagal: Lawman line, just awesome
Steven Seagal is a fat douche, was never believable in any role i saw him play. I saw that show like once, and if a cop stopped me, and it was steven seagal, i would laugh and drive away.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:46 PM
Fire Giant

No matter what happens we're going to die rich and poor alike
Old 11-23-2021, 07:47 PM
Banned

Ya. You also can't stop people from smuggling, stealing or making them. Or IEDs. Fat lot gun laws do in shit tier countries or after a collapse or when those government rent cops swarm with tasers and lobotomize your free thinking ass.

At least this way they can't make it easier on their conscience. They have to kill us if we are armed. Take that away and it's even easier and more bloodless and less messy to disappear people in a psych ward.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most mass shooters are skinny little incel nerds wearing too much gear

A tackle to get them on the ground with 200lb me is going to be too disorienting to them to bring a gun in line. Then with adrenaline pumping I would be punching them in the head/face hard enough to break my own hands and not notice. Pretty sure I could kill them in less than 2 minutes of hits

But again, who knows how it would actually play out
Pass out quickly when losing a lot of blood. I wouldn't know tho because I would have my hand on a dead man's switch. Don't QUOTE me on that. Just an entirely hypothetical scenario.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:50 PM
Fire Giant

No matter what happens we're all going to not exist soon enough.
Closed Thread