Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-05-2022, 05:02 AM
Planar Protector

Did you watch the ultimate cut? I confirmed that is what it is called. I think the trailers are the best movies of all time on their own and the normal cut let me down big time. The ultimate cut fixed it.

Mblake ya i dunno about new spiderman. I'm a spiderman 2 guy and thats pretty much where it ended for me. I kinda hate marvel, except all the Xmen movies ever made so far, except that horror movie one.

And now that huge jackedman won't have cameos I don't think I'm gunna see anymore.

The scene where young jean grey heals fucked up wolverines brain when hes escaping from the place he was locked up i literally cried so all the new xmen first class movies get approval.

But I'm an Xmen guy.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 03-05-2022 at 05:04 AM..
Old 03-05-2022, 05:04 AM
Planar Protector

I liked the xmen movies, days of future past is dope.

But I like the picard generation xmen movies those were a lot of fun to experience as a fan before the tsunami of marvel.

I used to always think it was cool watching super hero movies that if you paused them, would look like they were a serious drama or summer blockbuster. At the time super heros were still kinda for nerds.
Old 03-05-2022, 05:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks for correct definition.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-05-2022, 05:08 AM
Planar Protector

I liked whichever movie that was that had the guy that did thanos, but when he played Cable.

He wasnt a perfect cable, but he was Cable, and that was awesome.
Old 03-05-2022, 05:09 AM
Planar Protector

Oh yeah, Xmen 1 2 and 3 are peak excellence for me. They have corny parts, but they are the best anyways. I just like the story the best, and the lack of marvel lameshit. Thank you fox for not being disney for like 20 years.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-05-2022, 05:11 AM
Planar Protector

Dont get me wrong, I like the new marvel movies. They're super dumb and basically modern musicals, but god damn there are some great ones. And the story following all that for so many movies was really fun.

I watched them all in their worlds chronological order, puts antman 2 like, 2nd to last and that's a great way to end a 22 movie long binge lol
Old 03-05-2022, 05:16 AM
Planar Protector

I can't get myself to have any feelings whatsoever for the characters in the modern disney marvel movies. Just a bunch of fighting for no reason, with no drama or character or soul. It truly feels gutless the entire time. Just a bunch of CG rendered versions of people doing outlandish things. The tie ins to me are as lame as they are in the comic books "Better go check out avengers issue 4 to find out what stupid thing is being referenced here in spider man!"

I don't have the same experience with Xmen.

Of the new films I enjoy dr strange and guardians of the galaxy the most. Avengers basically sux thats why none of the film studios bought it. The whole name "MCU" makes me throw up, because it does not add to the enjoyment of the gutless soulless no risk no emotion no passion no nothing of these basically cartoons for children that have taken over cinema.

But I'm an asshole and just really love Fox's Xmen. Dreading the day when the xmen get pulled into some shitty ironman movie.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 03-05-2022 at 05:19 AM..
Old 03-05-2022, 05:22 AM
Planar Protector

I agree with you, or I did until I watched them all in order. It was about halfway that I basically fell in love with the characters the way you would if you were trapped in hell with them. You just form a bond after all that time together.

From then on its unconditional and I really found myself rooting for them all.. well the new stuff I cant get into, I figure ill wait till there is 22 versions of it that I can watch in order again.

Also they yeah are as guttless and soulless as musicals.
Old 03-05-2022, 05:24 AM
Planar Protector

Old 03-05-2022, 05:26 AM
Planar Protector

Invincible on amazon is pretty good.

edit: just remembered I watched Black widdow last week lol my oh my is that a stinker
Last edited by Jibartik; 03-05-2022 at 05:48 AM..