Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Are we taking into account gear from back in the day though?
There was much more armor available as far back as 2001, not to mentions better weapons (to make fights shorter), newbi quests, twink gear and so on.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, is what you remember as the standard actually from your first melee character experience in 1999? Or was it an alt, was is from 2001, etc?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are we taking into account gear from back in the day though?
There was much more armor available as far back as 2001, not to mentions better weapons (to make fights shorter), newbi quests, twink gear and so on.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, is what you remember as the standard actually from your first melee character experience in 1999? Or was it an alt, was is from 2001, etc?
Hehe. No, this is not a gear issue.

Of course we can appreciate what you mean by equipment being far worse in the classic era, but it was nothing like this. Not even close :-p
Old 11-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Kobold

I played a warrior since Classic for about 7 years. I rarely had groups so I was constantly soloing things. I can remember on at least two occasions petitioning a GM to ask if there was something wrong with me based on how often I missed. He'd ask a few questions, check my stats and gear, and then chalk it up to "bad luck".

I can remember constantly getting into those gritty, anxious miss/miss nose to the grindstone battles where myself and a mob are at 2% health and whoever gets the next hit wins.

I think that there was something wrong, but now that they've tweaked it I feel things are much better and the way they should be. Lo and behold, I've also gained a few levels and gear improvements since then which have only bolstered how I currently feel.

I think things are okay now, and I play a melee character exclusively. Flame away if you want, it's just how I feel.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfnblorsh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a warrior since Classic for about 7 years. I rarely had groups so I was constantly soloing things. I can remember on at least two occasions petitioning a GM to ask if there was something wrong with me based on how often I missed. He'd ask a few questions, check my stats and gear, and then chalk it up to "bad luck".

I can remember constantly getting into those gritty, anxious miss/miss nose to the grindstone battles where myself and a mob are at 2% health and whoever gets the next hit wins.

I think that there was something wrong, but now that they've tweaked it I feel things are much better and the way they should be. Lo and behold, I've also gained a few levels and gear improvements since then which have only bolstered how I currently feel.

I think things are okay now, and I play a melee character exclusively. Flame away if you want, it's just how I feel.
Hit rate isn't a problem. Not any more at least. The problem is oncoming damage from mobs...
Old 11-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Kobold

Oops, forgive me. Well, I'm glad that portion is settled then. In the interim I shall L2Read.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Large Rat

I am also having many issues as a rogue. I get trampled on no matter what! even if the mob is green =/. Any solutions coming soon? Or should I reroll as a caster?
Old 11-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propaganda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am also having many issues as a rogue. I get trampled on no matter what! even if the mob is green =/. Any solutions coming soon? Or should I reroll as a caster?
All melee should reroll caster to speed up this issue or server will have no one playing hybrid/tank.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Large Rat

Have a lvl 22 war ~ 950 hp, kind of crappy ac (ringmail mostly). Descent weapons (Jambiya + PGT, also Obsidian Flamberge). I also played a war on live in 1999. My opinions on the matter:

1. My hit %, crit %, proc rate, all seem to match what I had on live, at least since "fix"

2. Mobs beat the poo outta me, and rarely miss. In the original game it felt like if you fought mobs of same class & level (goblin warrior for instance), it was a very even match at least low to mid-levels (< 30). It would basically come down to luck on who would win. On the project 1999 server, there is zero chance the PC would win after level 10 or so. It seems mobs can use abilities MUCH more often (2x?) than players. Their hit rate and damage much higher as well.

3. Taunt is still broken. Possibly because pets and spellcasters significantly out damage warriors, but I can't keep aggro even from monks / rogues. On live, it was tricky, especially end game because the damage difference was huge, and you needed to make up for it with hate proc weapons. It was also tricky when fighting yellow or red cons. But I can't keep mobs on me fighting greens, light blues, etc. Early game I wrote it off to low taunt skill, but at level 23, with taunt maxed, I still feel gimped. Basically there's almost no point to having a warrior in the group if they can't do damage, and they can't hold agro. Right now it is virtually impossible to pull a mob off a chanter or healer.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Aviak

Classic was all about being careful about mob agro thats what was awesome, so far I have seen the action of mobs quite good.

Everyone will soon learn not to over agro a mob too early etc.. I think people will re-learn slowly.

Plus warriors aren't running around twinked with super weapons so thats a big difference as well.

Also sometimes casters when you get your new spell line you don't need to use your super new spell right away to cause super agro.. Sometimes the magic is overpowered for the level range at the time.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Fire Giant

So I noticed something yesterday when playing but I don't know if it was coincidence or what.

I'm level 19, fighting in Mistmoore, and my dual wield/double attacks are few and far between. Although my DPS isn't as bad as it was before the fix, it wasn't happening often.

I ding 20, and my skills start to go over 100. I'm getting to 102/103/104 and my double attack/dual wield start going crazy. I'm literally smacking the mob 4 times every 30ish seconds when I had rarely seen it once a fight before hand.

I dunno if 100 skill is some "hump" or what, but I definitely noticed a difference.
Closed Thread