Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 02:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you going to pay to keep a duplicate server open?
how much have you donated over the last year lol. shut the fuck up. make it a poll for the people who have paid imo
Old 09-03-2021, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how much have you donated over the last year lol. shut the fuck up. make it a poll for the people who have paid imo
Not sure what that has to do with anything? You want them to keep a duplicative server open. That’s expensive. So I’m asking if you’re going to pay for it.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what that has to do with anything? You want them to keep a duplicative server open. That’s expensive. So I’m asking if you’re going to pay for it.
rog and nil are millionaires apparently. im not sure what your argument has to do with anything.
dont believe me? from what i understand they spent 11+ years of their lives on p99 and an unknown amount of money. thats not something a common everyday person can do.

and judging from the red forum/server status, it barely goes over 100 people these days and its still kept around. with that known i cant see why four or five servers cant be a thing.

Or maybe they learned that low pop servers are the future for easy to handle petitions or maybe a somewhat peaceful server and having four, five or more servers stretching that population out to have 100-200ish people per server is their new goal

well until the big guilds have multiple alts across servers which i think is done now on blue/green and we are right back where we started
Old 09-03-2021, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rog and nil are millionaires apparently. im not sure what your argument has to do with anything.
dont believe me? from what i understand they spent 11+ years of their lives on p99 and an unknown amount of money. thats not something a common everyday person can do.

and judging from the red forum/server status, it barely goes over 100 people these days and its still kept around. with that known i cant see why four or five servers cant be a thing.

Or maybe they learned that low pop servers are the future for easy to handle petitions or maybe a somewhat peaceful server and having four, five or more servers stretching that population out to have 100-200ish people per server is their new goal

well until the big guilds have multiple alts across servers which i think is done now on blue/green and we are right back where we started
Lol when people use Red in this argument. Do you know why Red exists? because it is a completely different type of server. I.e. it's PvP. They keep Red open because it's their only PvP server. Totally not analogous (sorry I'll pause in case you need to look that word up) to keeping a totally duplicative PvE server open.

You think they're going to pay to keep Green open once Green 2.0 shows up? Why? Just because a bunch of neckbeards don't want their level 60s being merged into Blue without real valid reason? Lol if you have this type of logic you must be a salesman's dream come true. You think Rogean and Nilbog don't work? They have jobs and real lives dude, that's why things sometimes update slowly around here; because these guys are unpaid volunteers who have a passion for EQ, but also have important real life responsibilities.

By the time we're ready for Green 2.0, which will probably be sometime around the end of 2022 I assume, the server will be mudflated and top heavy (it's already getting there as is). There's literally no reason to keep it as a standalone server. You merge it with Blue and start a new progression server; that way people who like their Green chars can still play them on Blue and people who want to do the progression again can on the new server.

And that's putting aside the fact that, you know, the staff has said they are going to merge lol
Old 09-03-2021, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I like missing the point on purpose because I dont like the truthl
Oh.
Old 09-04-2021, 09:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All I know is that I'm pumped as hell for a fresh vanilla server launch cause this game is evil.
I had to drop out of playing for a long while and missed all of Kunark when it was current, so I'm pretty much waiting on a fresh server to start up again. Whenever that is.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh.
Imagine watching the staff say something and then just putting your fingers in your ears and being like “no they didn’t say it it’s not merging!”
Old 09-04-2021, 06:43 PM
Banned

love how this thread went from talking about merging with blue and green

to red and drug users
Closed Thread