Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Default Facts:

1. September 19, 2019: Nilbog posts "Introducing Project 1999: Green". Quote:
Quote:
Green Lifetime
The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023)."
2. October 21, 2019: Rogean posts "Project 1999 Green Trailer". Quote:
Quote:
Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.
3. I searched these forums for posts that include the word "merge" by Rogean, Nilbog, Llandris, Menden (search found nothing), and Blistig (search found nothing).
Old 08-30-2021, 02:00 PM
Banned

I hope they delete red + blue and make green the new blue and then make a new server

all you red cucks can go to rise of zek or TLP
Old 08-30-2021, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can you please stfu about red

no one cares

asking about things like "make raid zones pvp" or "merge server into red" is so cringe

just why
bluebie pls.

the only reason many of us are here is bc we're waiting for the next pvp iteration of p99. and with the state of blue server atm being what it is, merging it to red seems like a pretty good idea. it would prevent those "million plat sales" mentioned in the other post, too.

be kind imo.
Old 08-30-2021, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bluebie pls.

the only reason many of us are here is bc we're waiting for the next pvp iteration of p99. and with the state of blue server atm being what it is, merging it to red seems like a pretty good idea. it would prevent those "million plat sales" mentioned in the other post, too.

be kind imo.
welcome to Tunabros's Ignore List!
Old 08-30-2021, 02:04 PM
Skeleton

Uh oh
Old 08-30-2021, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like I'm not sure I want to start up another character and level it just for a new server

to come out
Nah it's all about that leveling journey. That's when the interesting stuff happens. Like I just made another shaman even though I have one already, just so I could choose a different race, and it's fun as hell just leveling up.

Starting a new char and starting a new server aren't really that different when you think about it.
Old 08-30-2021, 04:30 PM
Banned

- Everquest PVP is imbalanced and horrible and anyone with a brain rolls a bard.
- Whether Green99 merges or not matters not because the real nerds like me will be balls to the wall on Green2 and forget this box.
Old 08-30-2021, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3. I searched these forums for posts that include the word "merge" by Rogean, Nilbog, Llandris, Menden (search found nothing), and Blistig (search found nothing).
Oops, none of my links work. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You can use Advanced Search and find all posts by those posters with the word "merge" in them. When I searched, I found no posts that confirm the Great Merging either way. Therefore, we can only conclude that it is not confirmed. Possible, not impossible, but not confirmed.
Old 08-30-2021, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Look, for the staff to keep any server that isn't Red (Red gets a pass because having a PvP server is more classic than not having one), it needs a minimum viable population.

Now, I don't know what R&N consider to be minimum viable numbers, but I'd think maybe 600+ at prime time? Heck, maybe they're more generous, and will keep a server around with 300 population.

When Green 2.0 comes out a lot of the Green 1.0 population is going to switch to playing on it. It seems highly unlikely that there will be even 300, let alone 600+ players sticking around to play on Green 1.0, once 2.0 is out.

... all of which is my way of saying "no one knows the answer ... but it sure seems likely Green is going to merge". [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-30-2021, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
can you please stfu about red
Somehow it's mildly amusing watching reddies raging over blue being more popular than their failed server and trying--still, after all this time--to get blue ruined out of spite.

Only problem with leaving Green and Blue both up is at the end of Green's timespan they're effectively the same. Red stays open due to its unique ruleset. Custom UI, pet window, and cycle targeting are pretty slim reasons to keep two otherwise identical communities separate, especially when both of said communities can expect to take a further population dip if and when a Green 2.0 opens.

Danth
Closed Thread