Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 09:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is easy, if someone wants paineel faction pm me i can just ae the whole zone
i dont need the faction, but this activity sounds like fun! i love killing paladins
Old 04-28-2016, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by serjordanmormont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that not offset by increased xp gain for killing expansion mobs?
Short answer is "no" in the case of Velious. Velious mobs have high HPs and there are no good ZEMs anywhere on the continent. The dungeons are pretty but they are meant for loot, not for xping up.
Kunark is fine though, in fact even more desirable in a lot of cases. Some of the best ZEMs in the game for the level of the dungeon can be found there - Kurn's Tower and Kaesora are two good examples. I'm more or less convinced that Dalnir's is higher than the baseline, too. XP there has been really good when I've broken through to the second and third levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paineel faction is done fast by killing guards in Erudin palace. Have the 60 monk kill them and tag with other character.
Yeah, my SK did this when I was 45 or so. Didn't take long to get amiable with the Heretics, even solo, as an ogre SK. A few hours, around there.

Also, I see you have already chosen a shaman as your duo partner, which I think is a wise choice. Someone else earlier in the thread summed up the tradeoffs for monk/shm vs. sk/shm quite well. My experiences duoing with shamans have been very positive. I would say they are a shadowknight's best duo option.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 04-28-2016, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont need the faction, but this activity sounds like fun! i love killing paladins
I mean aoeing the warrens not erudin haha
Old 04-28-2016, 11:04 AM
Kobold

Would it be more efficient faction to kill Erudin guards than the warrens? Or about the same?
Old 04-28-2016, 11:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Short answer is "no" in the case of Velious. Velious mobs have high HPs and there are no good ZEMs anywhere on the continent. The dungeons are pretty but they are meant for loot, not for xping up.
Kunark is fine though, in fact even more desirable in a lot of cases. Some of the best ZEMs in the game for the level of the dungeon can be found there - Kurn's Tower and Kaesora are two good examples. I'm more or less convinced that Dalnir's is higher than the baseline, too. XP there has been really good when I've broken through to the second and third levels.

Yeah, my SK did this when I was 45 or so. Didn't take long to get amiable with the Heretics, even solo, as an ogre SK. A few hours, around there.

Also, I see you have already chosen a shaman as your duo partner, which I think is a wise choice. Someone else earlier in the thread summed up the tradeoffs for monk/shm vs. sk/shm quite well. My experiences duoing with shamans have been very positive. I would say they are a shadowknight's best duo option.
Alright that's fine. I'm good with mostly sticking to Kunark to XP anyway. I plan on exploring Velious too of course but for i'll go in with the gear mind set over xp.

Yes we started the SK/Shaman the other day. Pretty vicious team. The SK is super geared too which doesn't hurt. I'm sure it will start slowing down later but we're leveling pretty quick right now.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by serjordanmormont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would it be more efficient faction to kill Erudin guards than the warrens? Or about the same?
I'm not sure if you're soloing tbh, but aoeing i can kill i dunno, 50 mobs every couple of minutes? The respawn time in warrens seems really fast.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean aoeing the warrens not erudin haha
awe, boo! not nearly as much fun now
Old 04-28-2016, 02:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
awe, boo! not nearly as much fun now
When I'm high enough level I'll slay some paladins with you!
Old 04-28-2016, 02:21 PM
Large Bat

I duo'd my necro with an SK for years with a lot of success.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:20 AM
Kobold

A shaman? Tanking at any level makes no sense at all in a duo. Bard snare scales to 90% run speed decrease at level 60. By the 30s a feared mob is practically standing still with that on.