Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankorr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
***Implemented class specific level based weapon damage caps. Thanks Demonstar55 from EQEmu.***

is this a nerf or buff to epics and weapons like axe of the slayers(war only), Swarmcaller (rng only)
Is this the 2hb change?
Old 02-13-2017, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dedicated strafe keys were not available until way after classic[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20001116.html

In addition, the following changes were left out of yesterday's patch message:

Fixed a bug that would cause some to not be able to cast after being feared.
Data for group members and targets will be updated more frequently. This change should reduce complaints of warping and slow hitpoint and other updates.
Bards received increases in the skill cap for their instrument skills.
Changed the default combo for casting spells from CTRL-1:8 to ALT-1:8, as CTRL was interfering with players ability to strafe.

and if I remember correctly there was even an official post about how strafe running made it very hard for mobs to hit ya, pre kunark..
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Last edited by Crom; 02-13-2017 at 02:51 PM..
Old 02-13-2017, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankorr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
***Implemented class specific level based weapon damage caps. Thanks Demonstar55 from EQEmu.***

is this a nerf or buff to epics and weapons like axe of the slayers(war only), Swarmcaller (rng only)
I remember a 2H damage bonus nerf making the Silver Swiftblade nearly obsolete outside of training 2HS..
Old 02-13-2017, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20001116.html

In addition, the following changes were left out of yesterday's patch message:

Fixed a bug that would cause some to not be able to cast after being feared.
Data for group members and targets will be updated more frequently. This change should reduce complaints of warping and slow hitpoint and other updates.
Bards received increases in the skill cap for their instrument skills.
Changed the default combo for casting spells from CTRL-1:8 to ALT-1:8, as CTRL was interfering with players ability to strafe.

and if I remember correctly there was even an official post about how strafe running made it very hard for mobs to hit ya, pre kunark..
Yeah. Strafe was done manually then.

There was no "set the a key to strafe left". That came later.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

FD finally fixed. Not gonna lie, I will miss sneak pulling, but it was grossly wrong on the server. Too bad it's 6 years late lol. Now maybe people will appreciate other pulling classes and CC more when monks actually have to spend a decent amount of time splitting mobs.

Also a pretty huge nerf to Haflings.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also a pretty huge nerf to Haflings.
I live for this.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Game over to casuals ever raiding/pulling things in ToV ever again.
Guess that rules Awakened out.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:37 PM
Orc

TBH sneak pulling with a monk made it easy on here. Problem is the trick we used on live doesn't work here topull. Thetrick was double star/jav'ing to split mobs. So its going to make corner splitting more of a art. Also when the removed sneak from monks working they also added the timer like 2 min of being fd to wipe all aggro. you would get a little pop up text saying your enemies have forgotten about you or something. I forget teh exact wording..
Old 02-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I think back to classic, mobs never forgot about me. I'd have bard speed in Dreadlands wiz/druid portals, run to FV, and the mob would still come chasing me 5 minutes later. So I'm curious the proof and mechanics behind this or if it is simply a non classy P99 update.
Lazy Aggro wasn't until later.. Luclin & beyond

I remember it coming in when they changed endurance and sped up meditating (rest mode or w/e)

Def not part of this era, mobs are supposed to remember & chase you forever
Old 02-13-2017, 03:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Still no explanation regarding damage changes?
Closed Thread