Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 08:05 AM
Fire Giant

Obsidian shards will not push a warrior ahead of pal or sk in dps or aggro.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What weapon will a paladin be using from a 20-40 dungeon that will out dps a pair of 6/25 with DD on an equivalently experienced warrior?
Old 07-26-2019, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

I thought we, here on P99, didn't get the weapon delay of the pet toys?

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-26-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

2x Obsidian Shard was the goto since they proc at such a low level and are common enough. Crookstinger + PGT work as well. Gnoll Lariats kick in at 25, but their damage is ass. Fast weapon damage bonus isn't much either.

Yak are good because they also have a great ratio. Kicsh Der Pavz is a good option pre-Ykesha.

Dex is super important since white threat is trash with shit weapons and damage bonuses aren't really a thing until the 30s.

The reality of the matter is there are two good ways to keep the mob focused on the warrior.
1) Keep the mob rooted and have the warrior stand on top of it. Problem is good is a good chunk of aggro and if it breaks, mob might run toward whatever caster.
2) Group with a mage or necro pet that can hold aggro. If the pet is top of the threat chart and the warrior is the highest threat person in melee range: the warrior will tank.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly what weapons do you think SHD gets that makes them a strong DPS option?
Old 07-26-2019, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Ghoulbane is more dps not counting its proc even. For SK's Dark Reaver is an equivalently easy weapon to get and it outperforms both.

At the high end a warrior with two Yaks will outperform a knight with a Mithril 2h due to procs, assuming similar haste values.

As the majority of people will not have the high end weapons while leveling up the order of best tanks should be SK > Pal > War
Old 07-26-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What weapon will a paladin be using from a 20-40 dungeon that will out dps a pair of 6/25 with DD on an equivalently experienced warrior?
Not necessarily a dungeon weapon, but Man-o-War is a solid weapon in that range thats basically free (Quid is a cash camp that will be permafarmed for non-tranix enchanter hat).

My inclination is that 19/41 w/ chaotic feedback proc would out damage two 6/25 without much of a damage bonus.

With that said, anyone considering melee to be "good dps" in classic is out of their mind.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ghoulbane is more dps not counting its proc even. For SK's Dark Reaver is an equivalently easy weapon to get and it outperforms both.

At the high end a warrior with two Yaks will outperform a knight with a Mithril 2h due to procs, assuming similar haste values.

As the majority of people will not have the high end weapons while leveling up the order of best tanks should be SK > Pal > War
Warriors can just use Axe of the Slayers, and don't forget they have critical hits. Who cares about aggro? In this era, monsters can just bounce between different melee party members and it's fine. Casters shouldn't be doing anything that generates more aggro than a melee during a fight, and anyway there's something called Root or Pet aggro. Also, SK's/Paladins/Rangers don't have meditate in the first part of Classic - their spellcasting is extremely limited.

Again, the only real power of the shitty melee classes in Classic is being a meatbag for Dragon/God fights, and Warriors are the best at doing that. So they are the best melee class. For those poor souls who choose not to roll a caster as their first character on a new Classic server, Paladins with Ghoulbane have a small moment to "shine" since the dead side of L-Guk is the #1 place to be, but they're hardly spectacular. And really, when considering the huge exp penalty, a Warrior is going to be 3 or 4 levels higher than a Paladin in the same amount of played time, and that matters a lot for DPS.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

On another note, early on we had a druid that basically monopolized the PKT spawned. Would be a good reason to make a druid.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-27-2019, 07:23 AM
Sarnak

Default Been stocking up on tuna fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugnuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- Poop in bags. I've already been saving my plastic grocery store bags for several weeks and have a proper toilet seat mounted to a 5 gallon bucket. I'm also lucky in that my garbage pick up bin is right below my bedroom window. It's still a solid 12 feet away from my desk, but I'm thinking I can just rush to the window between spawns and throw my poop bags directly into my can for the garbage collection on Mondays.

- I just "broke up" with my last RL friend. Known the guy for twenty years but if I didn't let him go, I know he'd just be communicating with me and trying to hang out and stuff while I'm playing. Also no girlfriend, because I'm red pilled to the max and don't want to lower my standards.

- Been stocking up on tuna fish pouches and boxes of ritz crackers for those late camp munchie attacks. I'm also thinking about moving my refrigerator into my bedroom and stocking it with 100% ready-to-eat food items that way I never have to cook or do dishes.

- I'm also retraining my body to become comfortable with a polyphasic sleep cycle. That basically means I'll take like one 2 hour nap per day, and offset that with short micro naps of like 20-35 minutes at a time, depending on what I'm camping. I've also secured a small supply of caffeine pills to help me when I absolutely can't sleep at all. And I mean real caffeine pills, manufactured by the Soviet Union specifically for long-term storage in case of protracted warfare. Sweet deal out of Ukraine, meant to hit you like a bolt of lightning.

- Main goals are to create the top raiding/farming guild on Green and maintain complete dominance of the raid scene for the entire classic timeline. Think TMO and Aftermath, but more hostile and edgy and driven by the will to conquer.
Please take me with you
Closed Thread