Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Orc

Default Rogue Epic faction

So with changes to charm no longer allowing you to turn in items and receive faction hits is there anyway to raise faction with Stanos? I bought 200 orc scalps only to realize that they are now essentially useless.

Second question what faction is Stanos even on? I blew up highkeep while leveling on guards which had 4 faction hits, corrupted qeynos, freeport militia, Carson McCabe, highpass guards, and highpass citizens. Thats awhole lot of factions to try to make non kos to try and figure out which one belongs to Stanos (I sure as hell hope it isnt a combination of all of them).

Any help on figuring out how to recover from this due to this shit patch would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Raise your faction by killing orcs in Highpass enough to turn in the orc scalps and you should be fine.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-27-2014, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

If you have some form of sneak that will also allow you to turn in orc scalps regardless of faction
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 02-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

If you're a rogue, you can sneak turn in to him.

If you're not a rogue, you shouldn't be doing rogue epic stuff anyways.

The ability to gain faction from a charmed mob should *NEVER* have been possible.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 02-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have some form of sneak that will also allow you to turn in orc scalps regardless of faction
As of.. like earlier this month (I haven't been playing for awhile) sneak will not allow you to spawn Stanos via text trigger. This is bugged.

You used to be able to do with hide activated (invis isn't supposed to work), which was changed. Now sneak isn't working either. What should happen is that you spawn Stanos by using just sneak behind Anson, he spins on you and you have a small moment of time to mash hide before he eats you. Not working correctly ATM!

As it stands now, no kos rogue can finish epic solo. Sorry dark elves... Someone bug report this, maybe I will. But yeah, you absolutely SHOULD be able to complete the rogue epic while kos.

As far as sneak turn ins. They were working correctly. Just sucks. I have 2 55+ rogues and I need to get help to run the epic.
Last edited by Cecily; 02-27-2014 at 08:49 PM..
Old 02-27-2014, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So with changes to charm no longer allowing you to turn in items and receive faction hits is there anyway to raise faction with Stanos? I bought 200 orc scalps only to realize that they are now essentially useless.

Second question what faction is Stanos even on? I blew up highkeep while leveling on guards which had 4 faction hits, corrupted qeynos, freeport militia, Carson McCabe, highpass guards, and highpass citizens. Thats awhole lot of factions to try to make non kos to try and figure out which one belongs to Stanos (I sure as hell hope it isnt a combination of all of them).

Any help on figuring out how to recover from this due to this shit patch would be greatly appreciated.
In your case, get assistance from a level 50+ rogue who isn't KoS. Have them spawn Stanos for you by saying to Anson, "I need to see Stanos." Have them turn Anson around for you with hails so you can get behind Stanos and do a sneak turn in for your epic parts.

The only thing you really need to be worried about is Cryla Shadowstepper aggroing you, make sure you're as far back on the wall as possible and break line of sight with her using the corner between her and Stanos.

Being worried about faction is beneath a rogue. Just don't do it.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:07 AM
Orc

Thanks for the tips. Someone had told me the sneak turn in was broken with the patch hence the concern. However I was able to do some basic sneak turn ins just fine tonight so appears that wasnt the case.
Last edited by Garg; 02-28-2014 at 12:51 AM..
Closed Thread