Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hastley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In short, it seems like you attribute to some extent the warrior agro problem to skill while i would contend at this point its purely a mechanical issue in part because a warrior in an exp party setting is one of the least dynamic classes in kunark on this server. There is no decision tree play style. You simply pick an npc , auto-attack, hope for weapon procs, and if snap agro is needed press taunt (although ill continue to press taunt every time its up just in case).
I attribute it to how well geared they are. Like I said in my first reply, if the Warrior is well geared and he knows what he's doing, a group is fine with a Warrior tank. You'll have better mitigation and mana efficient heals. And no exp penalty. I didn't say anything about skill, but I do believe it takes some level of skill to play ANY role in a group. The tank is one of those who actually has to pay attention. The group awaits you to prioritize and to call out targets. You can't be half AFK with one hand on your dick.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 06-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

So are you guys saying that if a Warrior is geared (Obsidian Shards till 37 then Yakeshas) that he should have no problem holding aggro in xp groups, and would do just as well at it as an SK w/ snap aggro spell?

Im actually thinking of making a Tank now and I really don't want to be evil / 40% xp penalty, however if I am going to have a hell of a time keep aggro off my monks and rogues in my group then is it really worth it to be a warrior on this server? I dont plan on end-game raiding either, im talking stricting 1-50ish
Old 06-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Sarnak

It is just as much the job of the rogue or monk to not get aggro as it is for you to keep it. It really goes both ways.

With that in mind, a well played warrior rocks. Don't they give like a 10% bonus to XP? I have never had any problems with a warrior if he/she is played right. SK/Pal's are pretty much easymode when it comes to aggro though because of spells. Specially the SK's!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Aviak

1-50 warriors can since they can taunt it, but mob generally switch all over the place and the warrior would have to keep taunting.

50-55 they almost useless but lucky enough most the mobs are under 50 so can still xp fine with warriors doing it. Same concept tho, mob turning all over the place.

51+ mob, summoning... warrior useless here. At this stage if the warrior doesnt get off the procs and the mob isnt rooted/cc or anything the group will have someone die. Seen this all the time, cleric gets summoned, cleric gets raped, group complain warrior sucks tank.

Someone said warrior for raiding scene, thats kind of incorrect too. Most raids would use sk/paladin for the instant agro and agro management. All healers focus heal and rape the boss as quick as they can. If using a warrior tank though, alot of ping pong going on and all the dps classes die. Sure warriors have defensive and stuff, but no point if the boss not hitting them.
Closed Thread