Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe I am looking at a different Freeport picture then? The one I'm looking at has 2 little guys painted on there which would indicate that this is an artist rendering.

http://eq2wire.com/wp-content/upload.../eq2next02.jpg
Yeah that says concept art, not in-game ss to me as well.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe I am looking at a different Freeport picture then? The one I'm looking at has 2 little guys painted on there which would indicate that this is an artist rendering.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also note the backgrounds and the fading used by the artist to simulate light.
Here's the in game one of that :-)

Click zoom

on this page: http://picasaweb.google.com/TroyCros...35906929243890

for a for a better idea :-)
Old 08-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_yMIgg369-do/TF...0/IMG_0057.JPG

I've seen this image somewhere before... weeks, possibly even months ago.
Sorry, I did not see this image anywhere in the article. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by guineapig; 08-09-2010 at 01:35 PM..
Old 08-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

..go on?
Old 08-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Trying to find where I saw it now...

Meh I can't find it anywhere but I'm also not seeing this screenshot that you linked in any of the articles about eqnext.

That being said, these parts of that screenshot are also suspect to me:

Look at the area beyond the gate. Also look at the artistic fading in the background to simulate light/haze.
Also, just my opinion but that doesn't look like a 3d skybox to me.

You are absolutely right about the rock looking digital, but as I've stated before this image was probably done or at least edited digitally. Most images are nowadays. I'm also curious as to why I can't find this image in any of the articles.

Another thing which I didn't point at, the windows. What's with the yellow? IS that supposed to be the reflection of the sun or are we to assume that there are lights on in there? Seems like a painting technique to me.

Like I said, I don't have any solid evidence to back it up, these are just my opinions based on observation.
Last edited by guineapig; 08-09-2010 at 02:03 PM..
Old 08-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Kobold

I think the only shot they said was a screenshot was the one of Innothule with the glowy ballz.

http://picasaweb.google.com/TroyCros...46097418977842
Old 08-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

I'm starting to think the word "screenshot" was a misquote or misinterpretation.

In the other articles both images are labeled as concept art.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I'm starting to think the word "screenshot" was a misquote or misinterpretation.

In the other articles both images are labeled as concept art.
One of the panel members said the innothule pic was an actual screenshot. If you look at the water it looks very cgi.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the panel members said the innothule pic was an actual screenshot. If you look at the water it looks very cgi.
I agree that the water looks very CG-like. But the "glowy things" look completely painted. So does the light coming through the trees. Everything else in the image looks like an artist rendering which is why I can't buy it based on the water alone. Digital art looks very much like this:

Also again, noticed the fade effect being used on the right in the background. That's a fairly close object too, seemingly reachable by the player

(Just my opinion)
Last edited by guineapig; 08-09-2010 at 02:47 PM..
Old 08-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Kobold

I understand, I'm simply saying that in the panel video, one of the panelists specifically stated that picture was a screenshot. The way she said it makes it hard to say she misspoke, but then again she could very well have been misinformed herself or simply full of it.

Frankly, I'm all for gameplay over graphics. I doubt I'm in the minority on these boards, considering what we're all playing.
Closed Thread