Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Kobold

Default Rumors about 2H Dmg Bonus?

I've heard so many different people in game tell me so many different things, and I've looked through patch notes recently and I don't see anything that actually gives a straight answer. The only thing I've seen is "Classic 2H Damage".

What exactly is happening with 2H damage? Ive heard that there is going to be a patch that is going to make the damage bonus's is weapons "Classic Like" which apparently means that all 1H and all 2H damage bonus's will be the same regardless of the delay or anything else. For example, an RFS would be more DPS then a Tstaff because the same 2H damage bonus will be applied to the 20dly RFS as it is to the 30dly Tstaff. Basically meaning the super fast weapons like Moss Twig and RFS will be the highest raw damage dps.

However Ive also heard that it is going to be changed to where ONLY weapons with more then 28 delay will have damage bonus's and weapons under 28 delay will not. Meaning the RFS will turn into a pretty terrible weapon, but Tstaff will be god like.

So confused right now, does anyone actually know what will / is going on with the damage stuff or is it all just assuming?
Old 06-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Banned

It's basically all assumption because the developers here do not follow the Classic rules and timeline 100%, they mostly tend to fit it in with their idea of how the server should be.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Aviak

if thats the case, need update on warrior hit agro. Live you use to be able to get agro by taunting and holding it fine with 2 lammy. Now you have to taunt and have some kind of procing weopon to hold agro. Was there some kind of modifier for warrior to generate more agro then other classes per hit? I remember quicker weopons with a decent dmg ratio holding agro pretty damn well on live.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Banned

Case in point.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Sarnak

I played an ogre warrior through kunark and velious and never had any issues holding aggro, even with crappy weapons like a jade mace at 60 in sebilis, later on after luclin I know warriors started complaining that they were pretty useless tanks due to aggro holding compared to pallies and sks
Last edited by Cippofra; 06-15-2011 at 12:10 AM..
Old 06-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Banned

Warrior is pretty much my least favorite class to invite to a group (next to druids ofc), for this reason. They are pretty much useless outside of a raid scenario in P99.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Fire Giant

That's not true at all. I get tells to come join groups within 5 minutes of logging on. It has been a bit harder to keep aggro since the proc rate was reduced, but people are just rooting every mob. I hope, and assume they will continue to look into swing/hit aggro and how it applies to Warriors.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 06-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

I just wish the dev's could give us an idea of what they plan on doing. Even if it won't be out for a while, at least let us know what the plan is so everyone is on the same page and not just assuming how it will end up.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Aviak

dated 2001

"Sure at higher lvl the lam will take the agro. And speed will play a larger roll, but don't buy into the mith that speed always take agro. More often than not at higher lvl speed equils more damage and that is why the faster weapons hold agro. And for most weapons speed starts to take over between lvl 45 and 55. "

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=578

So i am not alone even back in the days that warriors would be holding agro or thinking that quick weopons hold better agro, but its more about ratio on the weopons then just being a quick weopon. Currently on p99 regardless what non procing weopon u are using, u are not able to hold agro if it has no proc.

If this topic was brought up before can relink back to that thread, sorry to derail the 2h bonus issue.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:36 AM
Banned

They just don't hold aggro as well as any other tank. I'd honestly rather have a bard tanking than a warrior. Warriors kill groups.
Closed Thread