Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Banned

Question Auction Etiquette

So, I got a pop up from p99 Auction House that Billatoras was selling Spell: Girdle of Karana. I proceeded to message him and this is how the conversation went:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've never engaged in a conversation on p99 that escalated so quickly. Was I in the wrong here for not so jokingly offering more for a spell?

I just thought I'd share.

PS - WTB Girdle of Karana.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Orc

He was in the wrong both for reneging on his contract with Samnotwise and for jumping to inane conclusions in his conversation with you.

...And just to vouch for your judgment, I've encountered this Sam character as well--bad attitude on that one.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:56 PM
Banned

From the outside looking in you both look like you lack social skills but people do tend to get testy at EC tunnel.

Yesterday someone went off on me for 'wasting his time' and all I did was tell him how much I was selling something for.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

While poor form to back out of a deal that is already agreed, if a much better offer is made, it isn't like the first guy can sue you and you didn't click trade yet.

I chortle when EC wannabes start textually abusing people to rush and finish a trade, just so they can stand in the tunnel for another 4 hours pressing their hotkeys.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

If someone makes a transaction needlessly complicated just wish them luck and move on. I would've done this the second he asked me to explain to the other guy why he wasn't selling it to him.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone makes a transaction needlessly complicated just wish them luck and move on. I would've done this the second he asked me to explain to the other guy why he wasn't selling it to him.
^
Old 02-11-2016, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

TunnelQuest is srs bzns. Some people have no sense of humor. I would have at least given a lol.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercanuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I got a pop up from p99 Auction House that Billatoras was selling Spell: Girdle of Karana. I proceeded to message him and this is how the conversation went:

I've never engaged in a conversation on p99 that escalated so quickly. Was I in the wrong here for not so jokingly offering more for a spell?

I just thought I'd share.

PS - WTB Girdle of Karana.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Kobold

WTS testicles, PST!
Old 02-12-2016, 04:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

if you don't want to deal with this samnotwise guy, just put him on ignore. you're not obligated to pay more to keep him from getting mad at you. you were really over complicating this transaction and i don't blame the seller for getting annoyed. just tell him what you're offering and say he can take it or leave it. it did escalate quickly but people don't want to inherit your drama. your problems are your problems. if you want to outbid someone and they give you a time limit, get there in time. it's not that hard lol. ><
Zurui - 58 Gnome Enchanter of Bertoxxulous
Kyura - 56 High Elf Cleric of Tunare
Blue Server - Retired
Twitch
Closed Thread