Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2020, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Default Min Maxing, playing what you like, FOMO legacy mask, and being a nut case.

I have a real stupid sickness over getting a Guise, but im fighting to not get one.

I haven't played in awhile since green launch. Been busy at Holiday season, but man, I have mental issues about the legacy stuff and characters I want to play. I didn't really stick with anything because I have my bard and wizard on blue, bard being my absolute favorite class of all time.

I have classes and characters I like the appeal of, but most are not good combos. Then I have the desire to have a stupid dark elf illusioned class that cant be a dark elf, or thinking maybe I can power through playing a race I don't like to have a DE form for it in tandem of min max.

Its a sickness but hard to decide which will upset me less. Let me explain.

Ever since I was little, I wanted nothing more then to play a Dark Elf SK, because it seemed like such a cool combo with the spellset I like the most.. but I always knew it was the worst combo in the game, so I just can't play it.

I could have made it on blue, but I didn't.. even though I wanted it.. but I knew Ogre and Troll are so far superior. On Knights, who get the bash skill, sacrificing Slam is a huge determent, and that's not even counting the whole FSI vs regen battle. Knights generally go 2 handers most of their life, because of the lack of Dual Wield. I absolutely hate how trolls and ogres look. Trolls are OKAY as an SK at best but nothing like the DE SK look.

Green dropped, and I had even less of a reason to make one. I was focused more on considering a Ranger / Druid / Shaman / Monk / Paladin. Paladins are close to SK's in playstyle in some aspects, and I really was sure I wanted a ranger, but nah, I didn't like it.

Then I considered classes I kind of liked but could have a cool alternate dark elf form. Also, classes that are way better as non DE who can have that as a secondary form for fashion.

After the legacy stuff stops dropping, ill feel like mentally anything not rogue/bard/chanter will be a missed opportunity to have a cool fashion thing.

But lets say I go ahead and make a min max Ogre or Troll SK or something, and get a guise.. ill still know my character is a fatty, he will have fatty corpse runs, and be a piece of crap that I hate.

I can't win. Maybe its not the legacy item, but just having some kind of min max sickness.

Maybe someday ill make that Dark elf SK ;p but will I regret that too?