Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-11-2015, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Default Disciple Symbol of Cazic Thule

According to this thread, it appeared pretty well agreed upon that this quest should be in, and the quest actually exists in game, but it rewards Ringmail armor instead. It simply needs to be changed to award the neck instead.

I remember grouping with an Iksar Shaman for the first time in Wakening Lands and seeing him fear the animals and thinking how cool it was. It was one of the reasons I made one here. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...c+Thule&page=2
Old 04-12-2015, 06:44 AM
Planar Protector

Meant to link first post, by nilbog, which states -

06/26/2000

Quote:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
Ok I recently noticed(today) on EQ'Lizer that there is a new Initiate Symbol for the cleric class. This time it is the Initiate Symbol of Bertoxxulous. This makes Bertoxxulous, Innoruuk and Cazic Thule now... There are varying kinds of these necklaces for innoruuk and cazic thule and I imagine there are more for bertoxxulous(regent symbol and disciple symbol) so I ask this, WHERE THE HECK is my Initiate/Regent/Disciple Symbol of Brell Serilis, its bad enuf humans can wear 4 out of 5 I have seen and that they can wear the paineel quest armor and they get an exp bonus but c'mon, being a dwarf isn't an advantage over this just because we look so damn cool! If you know anything about a new quest from Kaladim Cleric's guild(haven't been there in T00 long) post it here please.
"varying kinds of these necklaces for innoruuk and cazic thule" seems to suggest more than one, and indeed the quest exists in-game, although for whatever reason asks for a Medium Cat Pelt rather than the Initiate Symbol, but since you simply repeated the Initiate quest to get that neck again, perhaps nilbog decided to skip that silliness. Presumably the reward given is a bug? If you actually did this because you weren't convinced and want more proof, please let me know.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Sad to see no comments, and there are so few who even can equip this that it's likely not gonna gain any steam.

The allakhazam page (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1238) shows posts from Velious era mentioning it. The item screenshot shows the vanilla era version (no iksars) and the quoted link in post above shows Iksars were added in Kunark. The quest exists in the game right now, but rewards the wrong thing. Yeah, I'm the weirdo who made a char partially with these rather unique clickies in mind, and I am glad we got the Undead one at least. It just seems like a simple oversight. I know quite a few new deity necks come into the picture with Velious, maybe revisit it then.

I know you guys are busy and I love the work you do. Thanks for all you do for us.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Just now re-did the quest 5/3 to make sure.

He thanks me, saying this reward gives me the gift to spread fear across the land. Behold... Ringmail Gauntlets!
Old 05-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

im confused, r u an iks sham?

thread you linked in first post seems to shows they shouldnt get access to these

2nd should prob be in tho
Old 05-04-2015, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Are you referring to the Allakhazam page?

Look at the item text above screenshot: It does say Iksars can use. Comments on both the Disciple and Initiate neck pages specifically note Iksars can indeed use.

The screenshot however is from Classic, before Iksars existed. They were added to the item in Kunark. I don't know exactly when, it was after Kunark release but before Velious, based upon limited info available.

The only problem right now in Project 1999 is that the quest rewards a random piece of Ringmail Armor rather than the Disciple Symbol of Cazic Thule.
Last edited by eisley; 05-04-2015 at 03:15 PM..
Old 05-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

second post in your initial link
Old 05-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, I see it now. Interesting.

The only time I ever recall seeing ANYONE use these on live personally, was by an Iksar, in late Velious. That's just anecdotal however. Certainly Iksars not being able to use it initially was an oversight by Verant as well.

Not much info at all available unfortunately, since so few can use, but one thing is for sure, Disciple Symbol existed before Kunark.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

priest deity necks in general could really use a revisiting I think. They are very important for some peoples builds and it kinda sucks that we're nearly to velious and vanilla necks aren't in yet. none of the many threads ever seem to get an official response...
Old 05-24-2019, 09:13 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update

-The Disciple Symbol of Cazic Thule quest works

Could use clarification if Iksars were able to equip symbols pre-Luclin.