Erudite 32 20.51%
Troll 35 22.44%
Ogre 32 20.51%
Iksar 57 36.54%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 10:00 PM
Banned

I voted Ogre. Slap 5 points in agi, rest into int.
Slam. I still smile every time I stop a cast, anything from a heal, debuff or a nuke
Frontal Stun is huge for tanks and casting
And with the amount you are twinking, a few 10 dose Ant potions should not make or break anything for those zones that "require" it like highkeep, mistmoore, etc will be a breeze.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thurgadin is default color, silvery on Humans. Kael set is a fairly bright red. Plane of Growth set uses the alternate plate (scale) graphic in its default color and looks gold on Humans.

Danth
Thanks, so why would that not look good on a erudite? I am curious because I planned on making a erudite. I understand the custom velious helm is crap and most other helms have no graphic, but I can live with that.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:15 AM
Fire Giant

POG sk armor looks SICK on dark elves...the golden warrior!
Old 03-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, so why would that not look good on a erudite? I am curious because I planned on making a erudite. I understand the custom velious helm is crap and most other helms have no graphic, but I can live with that.
The equipment should be fine. A friend played a female Erudite Paladin and the Thurgadin armor looked fine on it. Just don't turn in the custom helms. With no helm graphic you'll have the regular hood over your head like usual but that's not a problem. The tinted sets (Kael and Skyshrine) might have a somewhat different final hue because of the different base color of the Erudite velious plate compared to Human.

---------------------------------------------------

As for Shadow Knight races, in essence you have the experience-penalized races being the long-haul min-max choices, and the non-penalized races being there for folks who want a different look or maybe some additional convenience. Ogre/Troll/Iksar are all good with their own advantages, and any of them are better in the min-max sense than any of the other three--although players have a tendency to overstate the impact of race. Erudite/Dark Elf/Human likewise play so similarly as to be nearly interchangeable. Erudites and Humans, in particular, are almost identical in play. Dark Elves feel a little different due to having stronger (more resolutely evil-leaning) faction than the near-neutral Humans and Erudites. In the end all six will do all the same jobs, so don't feel as though you "must" pick one for some specific racial benefit. My own Shadow Knight is a Human. It's been 60 for more than 6 years and I remain well-satisfied with it. The Erudite will give you perfectly decent service if that's what you like.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 03-15-2019 at 01:30 AM..
Old 03-15-2019, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You and I both know, Erudite's look extremely handsome when wearing the proper gear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks again Octo!
Old 03-15-2019, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You and I both know, Erudite's look extremely handsome when wearing the proper gear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks again Octo!
Right on man still enjoying him? I keep going back and forth on playing mine. Torn between a erudite sk and a bard
Old 03-15-2019, 11:22 AM
Banned

Yes! He's 26 now! Gotta go find him a new 1 hander tho.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Erudite naked velious helm look is terrible. I like my erudite pally but after steelsilk it only Goes downhill fashionwise. Iksar master race, and best velious fashion:

http://imgur.com/5cAzarj
Last edited by Crede; 03-15-2019 at 01:15 PM..
Old 03-15-2019, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar for when you love to run around wearing ripped panties on your face
Old 03-15-2019, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dark Elf
Agree
Closed Thread