Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Default Best new aggro setups

The 2h dmg bonus patch is now in. With the spell proc nerf how does that shuffle the balance?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-08-2019, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

The 2H epic is going to see a renaissance and will be BIS as long as the Blade of Carnage stays nerfed, unless your goal is roll on Green and farm SoDs. The problem Warriors have is that is the best 2H with a decent aggro proc. Even with better ratios Gaudralek & Palladius come in at 71 hate/sec vs the 2H epic's 79.

I'm going to have to get used to using FD on my monk a lot more, though. Abashi's is going to generate nearly 80 hate/sec. #opmonks

P.S. I look forward to Rog/Rng/Shd/Enc/Wiz/Clr Tomtee
Old 09-08-2019, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Warrior epic: https://wiki.project1999.com/Jagged_Blade_of_War

better than https://wiki.project1999.com/Frostreaver for raw aggro?

What about Vyemm's: https://wiki.project1999.com/Gaudral...ord_of_the_Sky
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Gaudralek as mentioned is only 71 hate/sec. I was extremely disappointed to learn this weapon had no stun proc, just a DD. Warriors with any of the NTOV 2Hs should put out serious damage, though.

Good call on Frostreaver; it does have a stun proc and clocks in just under the epic in terms of raw hate due to the inferior proc (525 vs 675 hate) but does a bit more damage with the superior ratio. I'd say the epic is still bis due to the vastly superior stats, but my calculator still likes Frostreaver more than the Willsapper/Blade of Strategy combo for both damage and hate (of course, 35% slow on Willsapper can't be underestimated) and it's much easier to obtain. So I think we will see a lot more Frostreaver warrior twinks soon!
Old 09-09-2019, 12:04 AM
Fire Giant

I didn’t think that a Warriors got a 2 handed upgrade? I have a 60 epic Warrior, but it’s one of my lesser played Alts. How did this patch make the Jagged Blade of a War so good? I hope that’s true because I love the epic two handed and wish I could wear it more lol
Old 09-09-2019, 09:41 AM
Kobold

The warrior epic is a real weapon now. The red blade can be moved to the offhand where that 14/24 ratio isn't so pathetic.
Last edited by Dillusional; 09-09-2019 at 09:44 AM..
Old 09-09-2019, 09:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 2H epic is going to see a renaissance and will be BIS as long as the Blade of Carnage stays nerfed, unless your goal is roll on Green and farm SoDs. The problem Warriors have is that is the best 2H with a decent aggro proc. Even with better ratios Gaudralek & Palladius come in at 71 hate/sec vs the 2H epic's 79.

I'm going to have to get used to using FD on my monk a lot more, though. Abashi's is going to generate nearly 80 hate/sec. #opmonks

P.S. I look forward to Rog/Rng/Shd/Enc/Wiz/Clr Tomtee

so if the new damage bonus is 32 at 60 for a 38 delay weapon , that gives us 75 agroe per swing on guadralek and a 179 agroe proc since it's only a DD

((60/3.8) * (43 + 32)) + 179 * 2 = 1542.21 1542.21/60 = 25.7 hate per second....

I guess I didn't use any haste in the math.... but yeah sword of the sky is definitely not an agroe weapon
Last edited by Dillusional; 09-09-2019 at 10:02 AM..
Old 09-09-2019, 09:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gaudralek as mentioned is only 71 hate/sec. I was extremely disappointed to learn this weapon had no stun proc, just a DD. Warriors with any of the NTOV 2Hs should put out serious damage, though.
It seems like warrior DPS was nerfed "moved off the rogue table", so even with new 2hand damage bonuses, we are putting out less DPS than before the last patch.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillusional [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scepter of Destruction ((60/1.8) * (12 + 11)) + 688 * 2 = 2142.67 hate per minute on average
You are forgetting haste and double attack. Fixing those gives ((1.6*(60/0.9) * (12 + 11)) + 688 * 2)/60 = 63 hate/sec from a SoD in the primary.

The 'damage tables' in EQ are pretty pointless; it only affects the absolute max you can hit for and the vast majority of hits are not for max. Monks were supposed to actually get a damage table upgrade IIRC, so I guess the monk tables were much too high before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillusional
but yeah sword of the sky is definitely not an agroe weapon
It was indeed terrible. But if you try it now, it should be roughly equal to an Epic/Shissar setup while delivering a lot more damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon
How did this patch make the Jagged Blade of a War so good?
The patch hugely increased the damage bonus for two handed weapons. Since the damage bonus goes straight to hate generated, it increased hate generation for 2H more than it increased damage for 2H. And damage for 2H went up a lot.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:07 AM
Kobold

During the quake last night, I was using guadralek to DPS in ToV and the numbers looked lower than I was used to seeing. Not definitive proof but I felt nerfed. If it really only was max hits it was affecting, maybe it was all in my head.
Last edited by Dillusional; 09-09-2019 at 10:09 AM..
Closed Thread