Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i played a lot of wow and it's a fucking awful, unfun game that retains players using aggressive psychological manipulation
rare mounts and titanforged gear keep that game in business
It's fucking awful and you played it "a lot"?

Why, so you could claim deep knowledge of the game on message boards?
Old 11-16-2019, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

To be fair there are P99'ers who do that too....get sucked into parts of the game they hate (usually high-end raiding), burn out, quit, then in their resentment proceed to hang around the forum trashing the game and anyone who keeps playing it.

Danth
Old 11-16-2019, 07:51 PM
Banned

15 pages of tears, and not one word was read
Old 11-16-2019, 07:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's fucking awful and you played it "a lot"?

Why, so you could claim deep knowledge of the game on message boards?
>game uses powerful manipulation techniques to keep people playing
>people keep playing

i don't see the inconsistency here
Old 11-16-2019, 07:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
>game uses powerful manipulation techniques to keep people playing
>people keep playing

i don't see the inconsistency here
Yes, well, usually the people who keep playing are getting some satisfaction out of it, at least. A sense of accomplishment. They certainly don't have the opinion that the game is actually awful even while they keep coming back to it.

You are aware of the manipulation and do consider it to be just an awful game, but kept playing for some reason?
Old 11-16-2019, 08:05 PM
Sarnak

All these bad troll threads, someone needs to take out the trash.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Just to be thorough

The post about patch in 2002 about invisibility breaking charms is confusing because there is guides post before that date show the method currently being used.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030429...EW.ASP?ID=7213

DERVS IN N RO FROM 12-17 REAL EASY USING CHARM - Riganakos, Druzzil Ro
This guid should be used from 12-17, I did it in 2 days.

The way to really do this to be at derv 3, easiest camp OR derv 1 but it takes alittle more skill and is far from zone, if you still can get derv 3 and only derv 1 you have to keep illusion dark elf up unless you are one or Dorn (WAY undercon) will aggro when you pull.

Now to the fighting part. Con the mobs and look who is the strongest, then soothe the other 2 and do the three spells as follow on the 3rd derv. Mesmerise/tashan/charm, do it fast. Now you have to wait for mesmerise to wear off and he will come running to you as your pet, might want to recharm him when mesmerise breaks just to be safe.

Now soothe 1 derv and pull the other with Chaotic if you are under lvl 16, back up alittle so the chaotic spell almost recycle then send in pet and cast a new chaotic. He should be dead now.

Cast charm again on your derv pet.

On the last derv you only cast Chaotic ONE time because you want you pet to get as low as possible without dying, you might have to cast chaotic 1 more time but not offen.

Now park the pet using then run away at a safe distance, target yourself and cast invisibility then hurry to target the derv that is running towards you now and keep pressing root untill you cast it on him. Now simlpy choke him and throw in a chaotic or 2 to speed things up.

I ALWAYS cast root again before choke because normally after a root/choke and you cast choke again then shortly after the root will break.

At 16-17 simply remove the chaotic and replace it with sanity warp but dont use the L16 mesmerise spell Enthrall because it will last 48 seconds and your charm is most likely not stick that long.

NOTE: SoW (Spirit of the Wolf) is great to have here just in case. If charm breaks you will have 2 angry dervs on you and you can run away a great distance then recharm you derv and you will be ok, without SoW youŽll have to zone if your not brave enough and try to get off a charm while they hit on you. You could root the derv your attacking but then he/she wont walk away at low health and still beat on your derv pet.

Strategy Submitted on: Monday, December 17, 2001

hope this is useful

PS its not balanced but it is Classic.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 11-16-2019, 09:41 PM
Fire Giant

Another guide from 2001

Showing the power of Enchanter and how classic they are with the charm power !

https://web.archive.org/web/20030429...EW.ASP?ID=6938

12-45 IN 30 DAYS SOLO USE CHARM SQUISHY CHANTERS! - Jabontik, Ayonae Ro
Charm is the most powerful and underused spell in this game since alot of pple are scared of it.

At 12, get charm and go to Eastern Karana (or practice on orcs in CB if ya want)

EK has all the components for a great charm solo zone, many mobs of higher and lower levels, and one or two UNDERCONS. The power of charm is that YOU CHOOSE your pet, unlike the pets that Verant gives us, which even for a necro or mage hit for only max of like 60ish at 60th level heh - your charmed pets hit for that at like 30th level.

Okay, back to level 12 and EK - first, get a butload of SoW potions CANNOT BE DONE WITHOUT SOW or Jboots/TBoots. bind at bridge, go find a GRIFF. he can be yellow to you, its okay, dont be scared (well, you'll be a little scared heh) but mez, tash and charm. Or, since cast time is low on those charms, just tash, kite and charm as he flys at ya. Griffs are UNDERCONS, and slow. these two attributes make them excellent pets. next, simply destroy everything you see. A griff can wipe out 10-12 snakes, hounds, what have you with np. Root or fear what you are fighting, makes recharm easier.

WHEN HE BREAKS CHARM - just recharm as he flys in since cast time is short, since you are standing a ways off (you are a ways off, right, squishy chanter?) After 34, just mez using level 4 mez, recharm, wait till mez breaks, send em in again. CROWD CONTROL IS WHAT WE DO BEST Use it baby!

When you get comfortable, sic him on a Crag spider that will be deep red to you, i think they are like 20ish. Tash and FEAR the spider, even though the griff may be able to tank him, help your griff buddy a bit hes your best friend. Fear works great on the spiders since they slow. What other class can kill 10-12 mobs on one full bar of manna? My record was somwhere over 14 kills, i lost count the text didnt scroll back far enough, and that was in EW at level 34 or so using a Manticore killing reds, yellows, whites, what have you. After 20, move to loio or SB and repeat - gobbies and skellies make good pets, sarnaks not so much, iksars are IMMUNE to charms. However, no significant UNDERCONS in loio so you will only be doing 1 level a day instead of 2, heh.

After loio, go to EW at 29 or so. dervs are excellent pets for fear kiting, they dont have many hp tho so use wisely, but they are UNDERCONS. also Manticores when you get there make GREAT pets, again they are way UNDERCONS, double hit for 115, kick bash, etc poison and a proc, with like 6-7khp. Use the high level ones to kill FG Savages in south of zone near sleepers, they can tank 3-4 in a row, dont fear giants, slow and root. Also, HASTE your pet, makes kills quicker, and if he touches you for more than 2 melee rounds max you dead with or without haste so why not heh. Anyway, im 45 now i average 6-7 kills each time i go out, a level a day approx, hell levels take 2-3 days ive moved on to BW, where it appears the War bone skellys make good pets but not sure yet. Anyway, im still soloing yellow cons at level 45 with np (thanks skelly) USE CHARM SQUISHY CHANTERS!

Strategy Submitted on: Sunday, December 16, 2001

think that should be enough data.

Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 11-16-2019, 09:55 PM
Fire Giant

I agree to a certain extent Kul69.

I been charming solo for past 4 levels in various areas(Sometime have sow most time do not) and i general can only kill about 3 to 4 blue to cons before i go oom. I do die a lot but because i can make back the XP relativly fast it does not hurt as much.

Now if a Enchanter has group support to feed him nana ect then its very possible to do insane amount of damage BUT you will also have a very good chance that enchanter will also be KILLED a lot.

Nilbog:

Old 11-16-2019, 11:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eye witness evidence counts as evidence in criminal trials - so here's some more.
It's also shown to be way less reliable than most people give it credit for.