Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

Problem: It's not fair that 35 people are hogging the pixels for themselves.

Solution: Only allow 20 people to get those pixels by restricting guild sizes.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:15 PM
Kobold

Only velious has enough content for multiple raid guilds. And only with a healthy supply of quakes, or long FTE lockouts. Otherwise it's an uninstanced game and you better join the top guild and start saving DKP.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most people say "EQ pvp sucks". But despite what everyone thinks of pvp, there is for sure one aspect of EQ that sucks infinitely more.
You guessed it -> Blue/green server, stale high end lawyer-questing with layers on layers of rules, just to keep the adults playing the game in an orderly fashion.

I'd take pvp any day, with any rule set over that. Heck, I'd even factor in being griefed occasionally as part of the deal. In the end, I'd probably save time anyway.
How about being griefed none stop, you open to that?
Old 11-16-2019, 07:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgart112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its about having fun not about getting loot. The current system is just not fun imo. Sitting in a line and or zerg with mouth breathing zerglings. I dont plan on doing any green/teal raiding its just super lame. you would have to be some kind of psychopath to enjoy the current zerg system. was a fun few weeks getting to 50 to shortly relive the eq experience.

to the staff you coded an amazing server, I just cant wait for you all to be ready to take things to the next level for the hardcore players.

ill be waiting for the next pvp experience.
Yeah, see you at the manastone camp every damn day.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:42 PM
Aviak

Easier solution is place a agro list limit on a mob. hit that limit, that person is removed from the zone (kinda like agroing vox/naggy on a lvl 53+ on blue) Problem solved. The only question remains is, how many is enough in classic?????
Old 11-16-2019, 07:49 PM
Kobold

What is wrong with a zerg? Not like the dragons drop loot according to how many people are there. Same amount of loot, just more backs to clothe.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:53 PM
Kobold

Uhh, going in with a ridiculous number of people is something I'd seen back in the day. I think I was part of a 57 player open raid on Naggy on Ayonae Ro, which is its own kind of hilarity.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roster caps do nothing because the guilds will simply operate as alliances. Somehow ban alliances (ban having friends in a multiplayer game? Truly daft!) and now you've made the problem worse instead of better because the highest-end nolifers will keep everything of importance on lockdown anyway but now they won't be inviting everyone else along for the ride like they presently do. Current "zerg guild" situation isn't all that bad in the grand scheme of things. Over P1999's history the top guilds have never been particularly exclusive. Want to do the high-end content? Join the top guild and do it. The only people who miss out are the stubborn souls who act like they can't spend 6 months (or whatever) getting their pixels then re-join their lower-end buddies once they've done so.

Actual changes would require things like rotations or instancing but so far the P1999 admins have been largely opposed to such notions. As Green/Teal raiding (inevitably, almost) turns into a trainwreck in the coming months this resistance may conceivably be revisited now that there are multiple servers out there as well as a lot of new players in the mix who they would presumably like to see stick around. It's too early now, but give it time and that window may open.

-------------------------------------------------------

As for PvP...don't even bother trying to talk on the level with Red trolls. Most of them don't want a stable server, they're just looking for the next "box" they can burn down.

Danth
What if i told you that Teal server is an instance
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Banned

people were horrible on classic and had to zerg everything

everything was extremely laggy too, deal with it
Old 11-16-2019, 08:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

Maybe there would be less Zerg'ing if the Terran and Protoss players played better

Also very classic. Every server may have had a different experience. But in general typically the top guild was also the biggest, or if not the biggest at least had the most dedicated players in sufficient numbers show up when needed to raid the majority of the time.