Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 10:36 AM
Sarnak

Default Chanter vs Druid - best solo alt class?

Forumquesters, a question:

Between enchanter or druid, which class is the better to pick up for short solo sessions here and there? I main a warrior, which I love, but don't always have the time to group.

I realize that "better" means different things to different people, so in my case, better = time efficient. Which class is the quicker solo leveler?

Most of the playtime for this toon would be in 15 - 30 minute chunks, assume solo the majority of the time, and I'd pay for bone chips/cb belts and pads to power through the lower levels into the teens.

Honorable mention to bard, I'll throw that class in the mix too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-17-2019, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

enc is hands down better over a longer playtime

but sounds like your 15-30 min chunks would be well suited to quadding, so a druid or even a wizard would be good for you

for a druid you need to be 34 to quad, a wizard can do it earlier especially with jboots which you can poopsock at lv 25

a few considerations here
Old 11-17-2019, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
enc is hands down better over a longer playtime
Is that because it takes a bit longer to get situated with a charmed pet?
Old 11-17-2019, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

I can't firmly say which is "better" yet because my enchanter is low level.

However, I was a druid main for years - and it was perfect for small-chunk-of-time leveling.

Being able to bind yourself and port out for spells, selling of weapons, food-water-batwings-etc - and then zip right back, was very efficient. Quad kiting in Rathe Mountains was fun. Having SoW prevents many, many avoidable deaths and the need to find a shaman for sow potions.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that because it takes a bit longer to get situated with a charmed pet?
what i really mean is the potential for an enchanter to chain charms with clarity. you dont really ever need to stop

i guess clarity isnt in the game yet though? it will be eventually
Old 11-17-2019, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quadding is extremely limited in classic, I wouldn't count on that at all. I haven't played either class but I would assume that ports would slightly edge out enchanter for your small playtime due to ease of travel.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 11-17-2019, 03:08 PM
Kobold

I don't know which is better (haven't really quadded with a druid). But an enchanter parked in an outdoor zone with the right level mobs has basically no prep needed. Tash and charm a pet, sick it on something else, Tash/root the target mob, wait for them to beat each other to run away health then invis yourself and root/dot both.

Rinse and repeat, get exp for both mobs and use little Mana. Of course you have charm/root breaks to deal with so it is probably more risky than a druid.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Alts have different considerations than mains do, especially for time-limited players who won't necessarily max out the alt character. Druid is much much better for your purposes. There's a REASON it's by far the most popular alt class. Why is it? It has huge utility value even by middle levels. The value of a 29 Druid for ports is obvious, but even a 19 Druid with self-ports makes a great "EC" mule for picking up gear, transfers, etc. Enchanter is almost inarguably the stronger class in the long run and as a main, but if you have access to something like a level 35 Enchanter versus a level 35 Druid sitting around, the Druid is enormously useful while the Enchanter is so much fluff.

Danth
Old 11-17-2019, 07:33 PM
Banned

bard and learn to swarm
Old 11-17-2019, 07:34 PM
Banned

if you have to ask you are garbage and will end up making a druid
Closed Thread