Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Default Why not grief the server back into single digits?

This idea is probably dumb but hear me out.

A few things first:
Stablequest
Numbers
Emotional investment
Experience
Time
Purpose

It seems to me like most of the people no longer playing include a substantial amount of the old heavy hitters. The deck is stacked. At this point the people not playing while waiting for a new red significantly outnumber the breadline nerds still standing in line.

If that group of savages could band together, set up a batphone, rain on the parade for a few weeks and release videos of them deleting everything that drops I’m fairly certain the remaining true believers would at the very least consider abandoning ship. Think about the experience they have had for the past few years, it’s been a cake walk compared to what all of the veterans have been through.

The time investment to just park characters and delete loot is minimal. It gives ya something to do and might even provide a sense of purpose to many of our fallen comrades.

Within a few weeks the homeland would be back to a barren waste land and we could all celebrate under a mission accomplished banner.

Silence is compliance.

Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk

*music cuts in: The Beastie Boys (You Gotta) Fight for your right (To Party)*
Old 09-29-2020, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Tune would destroy you and the rest of the quitters within a week. You will then quit again, claim the server is dead and go back to playing the rise of zek shit box with a less population then red.

Tune litterally beat you guys into submission, that you had to get a bunch of shitters together to make your own server lol
Old 09-29-2020, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tune would destroy you and the rest of the quitters within a week. You will then quit again, claim the server is dead and go back to playing the rise of zek shit box with a less population then red.

Tune litterally beat you guys into submission, that you had to get a bunch of shitters together to make your own server lol
I knew he was going to last till the very end once I found out that he was literally trying to max his faction on his bard with everything possible. That is a true champion , but it still doesn’t remove the fact that the server is dead and will stay dead until something drastic happens like a reset . No one in the right mind will start new on red when the same 40 players farmed it for years uncontested and still play today .
Old 09-29-2020, 08:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tune sat on a level 50 druid for 2 years farming pelts while everyone else enjoyed Velious raiding.

it wasn't until 50% of the server quit out of boredom of raiding Velious he was finally allowed to log off his level 50 anonymous druid in CS.

He then managed to turn a 150-200 pop server into a 40 pop server.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:14 PM
Banned

Old 09-29-2020, 09:16 PM
Banned

the server died when staff helped cr people in a zone that was not supposed to have any customer support

that and banning nizzar from being a raid leader...

aka staff killed it not the player base and no one will ever trust a new server again but the 20 people that want a reset

you have the timers
Old 09-30-2020, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

The biggest blow to the server was the removal of the original XP bonus, busting it from 270 nightly down to sub-100, and then the inability to trade between red/blue - blue/red, preventing people who wanted to start with a few bought items from doing so.

While the current XP bonus was put in, we never saw the near 300 numbers again. Red Dawn really had some momentum going at the time.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

Red dawn was definitely one of the bright spots in this servers history. I agree that the staff decisions played a heavy role in the fall of this servers. I’d say the toxic community did some work but I really liked that side of the server and participated in it so I’m inclined to give them a bit of a pass. The toxic shit has been the same since day one, the only real change has come from the staff.

Nice to see you still around Together, we had some good times lol
Old 09-30-2020, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The biggest blow to the server was the removal of the original XP bonus, busting it from 270 nightly down to sub-100, and then the inability to trade between red/blue - blue/red, preventing people who wanted to start with a few bought items from doing so.

While the current XP bonus was put in, we never saw the near 300 numbers again. Red Dawn really had some momentum going at the time.
I dont think you understand why fast xp is bad for these servers.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont think you understand why fast xp is bad for these servers.
Its not about me, it's about what happened when they turned it off.
Closed Thread