Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olacaten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why donate to something that you will never get your $ back or see profit for? they just want your $
That's why it's called a DONATION, not an INVESTMENT. People don't go on Kickstarter looking for a ROI.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who wants to drop 5k on something if you don't even know what you're getting? For example, is lodizal going to be up? Stormfeather? halls of testing? Plane of Growth? Call me whatever you want, but I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask for details first. I mean just look @ the exp pots, some people pledged money when they were going to be tradeable, now that's already been ninja changed to no trade. How would you feel if someone told you they'd sell you a great car for $5,000 but you won't know what options it is equipped with until they deliver it to you. I think you'd be like "WTF?"
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Will be interesting to hear these precautions.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Will be interesting to hear these precautions.
Yaw, how can I be expected to go all in for this without knowing the facts first? This is the only opportunity we have ever had to "decide with our wallets" on p99, and I for one will fully take advantage of that.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Kobold

Just curious:

The donation policy on the project1999 website says this:

Quote:
At this time, there are no rewards or incentives for donating other than keeping the server alive and running. We do not want to give the illusion of charging for ingame items or services, as this would then become a legal issue.
Now that donations do offer rewards - will there be a change in this policy? Any sort of legal implications?
Old 02-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Banned

These are donations to pantheon, not p99. Nice try TROLL!
Old 02-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Dretti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to make a donation to Mac Dretti to teach me how to get glasses as cool as his sig, and then maybe he could give a student like me some plat to get started on a real server like red. As long as it's not a donation to p99 right?
Old 02-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Kobold

Yeah, I'm trolling hard by asking a question about the connection between two things written by the p1999 'staff'.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Old 02-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not make a /claim system?

Just add a code that is emailed to the person who donated.

/claim <unique code> <number to claim>
/claim FGGFA-TRRES-UYHS5-KLJS85 5

This would claim 5 pots on that character. Just need to add the number rewarded to a table with the code. People would be very unlikely to sell these this way but would be much easier to claim them as needed.

Could do the same thing for the items.
Then people could sell their codes at a later date and you're once again back to RMT. This way the only way to 'rmt' the pots would be to sell your entire account to someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Dretti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a very valid question because it's still taking something that belongs to Sony (EverQuest) and using it to promote something that, if it comes to light, is likely to compete with Sony products. If you don't think a lawyer can work with this to bring about some kind of legal action with some merit, you're delusional. Even if they don't have enough to 'win' in the long-run, the costs of litigation could very well stop this server from existing.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 02-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then people could sell their codes at a later date and you're once again back to RMT. This way the only way to 'rmt' the pots would be to sell your entire account to someone.

It's a very valid question because it's still taking something that belongs to Sony (EverQuest) and using it to promote something that, if it comes to light, is likely to compete with Sony products. If you don't think a lawyer can work with this to bring about some kind of legal action with some merit, you're delusional. Even if they don't have enough to 'win' in the long-run, the costs of litigation could very well stop this server from existing.
it wouldnt stick. Let em file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy View Post
Saint Sektor cleansing the server of sick humans. This guy deserves VIP / Contributor status.
Closed Thread