Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 07:50 AM
Planar Protector

Well, no buffbots..... Not that interested because of that. I used to run 6 accounts at once and ran the economy of the Percival server. Also, I leveled a friar to 50 on Uthgard and it was a pain to find anything to do.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Good, buff bots are stupid and bad for the game.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, no buffbots..... Not that interested because of that. I used to run 6 accounts at once and ran the economy of the Percival server. Also, I leveled a friar to 50 on Uthgard and it was a pain to find anything to do.
Sounds lame, you should probably never admit to this again
Old 01-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

We should hook up a leveling group during launch. I'll play a tank or stealther.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good, buff bots are stupid and bad for the game.
I played Hibernia realm from release on Lancelot server. Got a druid to 50 then one of my douchebag friends wanted to use him as a buffbot while I was at work. He gave the acct info to his guild and they passed him around like a big fat Firbolg joint. When I got the acct back he had been stripped. GMs couldn't help either, since buffbots and sharing acct info was frowned upon. Lesson learned. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Other than that ruining the game for me, it was the first time I enjoyed pvp (RVR) and it actually meant something. Not only was taking enemy keeps a blast but having them and relics made your realm stronger and granted access to Darkness Falls.

Tried Uthgaard but it seemed like a ghost town. Will check this out, with a healthy population could be a helluva lot of fun.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Banned

Im playing midgard
Old 01-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Banned

Can bone dancer have a pet army? Was broken on Uthgard.

How about pole arms and shit? Armsman were useless on Uthgard too, but I forget all the problems.

Do necros work on Alb?
Old 01-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmantis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Darkness Falls.
Darkness Falls: The Crusade (Darkness Falls was the original 1 realm only FFA predecessor to DFC) was a text based MUD where the mechnism for 3 way Realm V Realm within DAoC came from. Mythic-Entertainment developed DFC and then eventually made the jump into the 3d realm with DAoC.

You had 75 levels with an exponential leveling curve past level 50 and pretty heafty XP loss on death (if you weren't rezzed) as well as losing constitution points and full loot PvP. To my knowledge only 1 person made it to level 75 in the ~6 years the game existed before it was shutdown.

But yeah, the whole idea of RvRvR with invading Keeps and stealing idols (and getting bonus' for idols) came from DFC.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Fire Giant

fuck yes. gonna play Albion since i went mid/hib on live on my 2 servers
Old 01-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on Percival, who were you?