Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Banned

Yeah maybe you're right, I don't know, right now I'm working on getting better gear.

Honestly I kind of suck at PVP but I'm getting better
Old 02-19-2014, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I got from reading about it the past few weeks. (not trolling the game i love daoc, just so people dont have to read 50 pages)

1. The first few weeks were zerg fest, people got multiple 50's from aoe/xp groups(not intended)
2. End game dungeons bosses were very weak that smaller groups were basically destroying them and benefiting from loot(not intended)
3. Some quests and items are all in french
4. The server resets everyday, sometimes people lost items/plat luckily they were returnned due to roll backs
5. Peak hours have a lot of lag due to the server cap at max and people basically trying to login
6. A lot of people stay perma logged in throughout the day making it even harder to login
7. Sometimes they lock out account creation, so it can be very troublesome to even make an an account to play

Utgard had the same amount of problems or more than origins, thats why the population was so low.

not trolling this is purely what I got from reading the forum. the game is extremely popular and i can see why, daoc was very fun. I played on Morgan Le Fay back in like 2004 or so in a guild called lords of the dead.
I've played on Morgan Le Fay also, in 2001-2002 and 2004-2005, Mid side.

That's not entirely true about how Uthgard is only able to handle half the population of 'Genesis', up until very recently it had a near-constant population of 800-1100 on a daily basis.

Uthgard also did not have the "same amount of problems or more than" Genesis, I dont know where you got that info from but the source is either misinformed or just never really played the server to begin with. I'm not saying Uthgard was a perfect server, but it was way better than Genesis, there's just no comparison - not in terms of gameplay quality in PvE, and especially not in terms of gameplay quality in PvP (RvR)!

Some people have this misconception about classic servers, that just because they started playing a server 2+ years after it came up (like in the case of P99 for example), that it's always been as good as it was up to that point in time.

There's no such thing as a perfect MMO emulation server, or an MMO game for that matter, otherwise there wouldn't be so many patches, tweaks and changes of all kinds inbetween.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 02-19-2014, 11:53 PM
Banned

yeah Uthgard should be cool
Old 02-21-2014, 12:22 AM
Banned

yeah, I'll be moving to Uthgard.

I guess the other day some dude saved the day by using his 3rd party software speed hack to bring the relic to his realm before the server rebooted.

Lots of people saw him do it so he turned himself in for cheating.
This was the result:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hacking= praised as noble and saluted by GM

lol
how can I take this server seriously after stuff like this.
I was mad my guild leader got permabanned for typing the N word but this makes me 1000x more upset
Old 02-22-2014, 02:11 PM
Banned

lol,
so the speed hacker guy posted that "everyone needs to STFO", and I said "no you STFU and delete your character"

and for that I get a forum perma ban

lol
Old 02-22-2014, 08:12 PM
Banned

I got banned from the forums for saying albion sucked in general for being selfish and refusing to say where pvp was happening in global chat

My little adventure in DAOC didnt last long

Glad i did though cuz it gave me the MMO itch again and im back playing on red99, with a much less poisonous atmosphere than what it was a year ago
Old 02-23-2014, 06:57 AM
Planar Protector

You guys shouldn't be so quick to judge the game based on your experience with a bad server with bad staff. Trying out a new server with people you already know can make one hell of a difference too.

I stopped playing that server after 2-3 days worth of play time also (despite having friends to play with from the get go). It was pretty obvious it's nothing more than a temporary server which will vanish (or lose all popularity) as soon as Uthgard is back up and running again.

One of the reasons why Uthgard was so successful for many years, while still having missing features and no SI zones implemented, was also because of their staff/devs who took the time to improve their server and had no tolerance for cheaters (when provided with solid evidence anyway).

Keep checking Uthgard's site for updates if you're interested.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Old 02-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

My question is why didnt Uthgaard the GM get sued from Uthgard the server?
Old 02-25-2014, 04:40 AM
Planar Protector

If you guys want to see what the difference is between the 'end game' on Genesis and Uthgard, just search for "Uthgard RvR" on YT.
Closed Thread