Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think Luclin models should be an option for Project 1999?
I do not want Luclin models 554 66.75%
I want Luclin models. 276 33.25%
Voters: 830. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 07:21 AM
Aviak

The Elemental models are all new models as well.

I don't want to get into this, I was disappointed with the Ogre and Barb changes in the Luclin models. It doesn't mean they are trash.

It would be nice to have an option, but it doesn't really affect game play.

Frankly I am pretty neutral on this. If they were available I may turn them on.
"If someone points a gun at you, you call the police. If a bunch of guys are pointing guns at you, you call SWAT. If they're in spandex and pointing a super laser at you, you call OSI. And if they're dressed regular and pointing a super laser at your daughter, that's when you call SPHINX. (SPHINX!)"
Formerly of Morell Thule and Test Server
Old 08-31-2010, 07:25 AM
Sarnak

I originally voted no to be part of the mob, but my Libertarian roots make me feel that limiting people's model options on their own PC is a gross-overreach of the Federal Government (in this case, the mods).
Methlab - 50 Troll Shadow Knight
Kemba - 19 Monk
Old 08-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Kobold

Even if the models are turned on you guys can still turn them off to have your classic experience
Old 08-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quellren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't mind seeing them implemented. I think most of them look pretty awkward in the animations, but I'd vote yes simply to get rid of the fat, stupid ogres and trolls. Those 2 are the worst character models I've ever seen in a video game. period. It's a tragedy that a troll makes by far the best shaman and Ogre the best warrior.

I cannot effing wait until Kunark comes out and I can roll up a proper shaman.
To each his own. I personally love the Troll and Ogre models from classic (and think that the Luclin version of those 2 races is among the worst).
Old 08-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Completely unrelated but I don't care.

Found a ton of great Velious texture helmet pics!

http://www.giantbomb.com/everquest-t...ious/61-13183/
Last edited by guineapig; 08-31-2010 at 12:57 PM..
Old 08-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Aviak

I think it should be implemented an for those who do not wish it as mentioned many times so far just turn it off ... Then both sides are happy.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, I'm mainly a texture artist who likes to mess around with the guts of my favorite games. Models and textures are what I know best. I know a -little- about that end of things (coding), but I'm far from being an expert on it. I've had a mod-related web site for the past four years and a couple of friends over there wrote the bulk of the code for it. They wrote the injector that we were experimenting with for Age Of Conan, too. The EQ version still isn't finished and parts of it are a bit wonky... so I wouldn't feel comfortable about distributing it to other people. But it works well enough for my own purposes. Like I said, it's really just a sort of novelty toy.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help in this topic. I tried. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've played with EXTRACTING models and textures from DirectX and OpenGL games. I tried it with EQ Live years ago but back then the models weren't UV'd. More recently though I pulled fully textured mapped models from N64 ROMs using Nemu64 and "LemD's" plugin. I've also grabbed whole textured cities from Google Earth.

I've been wanting to pull some city or landscape from EQ and do a photo-realistic CG fly-through. No serious ideas right now, but definitely something i'd love to play with when I get some free time. Pretty fun stuff.
Last edited by toddfx; 08-31-2010 at 01:07 PM..
Old 08-31-2010, 01:15 PM
Project Manager

I don't expect folks to read through 30 pages to find the point of this poll.

For the record... We didn't disable Luclin models. When the client reads expansions, it determines what races/classes are available to you. When Kunark opens, the expansion count will move to Kunark, to enable Iksars. Vah shir and Frogloks will never be enabled. So, as you can see, the classic expansions disabled Luclin models.

If work is put forth to enable them in some other way, it won't be done by the developers here. Personal opinions aside, we have no desire or reason to do so. There are plenty of things to work on within the scope of the project.

So, for the people continuing to work on the Luclin models.. that's fine, and good luck.

Locked.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:41 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is too funny to delete.
In the event there is a Niblig:

Please contact me and I will stop this guy from harassing you.
Code:
[Sun Mar 27 21:30:39 2011] [Petition 39122, Mar 27, 05:28 PM, Niblig, 13 Human Ranger ecommons (Online)]
[Sun Mar 27 21:30:39 2011] I think I lost my corpse in Befallen
Centcom, we have a confirmed niblig sighting.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Code:
[Sun Mar 27 21:30:39 2011] [Petition 39122, Mar 27, 05:28 PM, Niblig, 13 Human Ranger ecommons (Online)]
[Sun Mar 27 21:30:39 2011] I think I lost my corpse in Befallen
Centcom, we have a confirmed niblig sighting.
BAHAHAHA!