Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think Luclin models should be an option for Project 1999?
I do not want Luclin models 554 66.75%
I want Luclin models. 276 33.25%
Voters: 830. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 02:59 AM
Kobold

managed to get luclin models on titanium client, now there's more choices for faces instead of the default few [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also used the enhanced graphics from luclin to give the classic zones a much better look.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:33 AM
Fire Giant

Glad you found the information to be useful heh.

Also, the newer clients have even more high res retextures of classic zones. Like I posted above. I use Underfoot for every server minus P99 so was a simple matter of dragging and dropping for me.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad you found the information to be useful heh.

Also, the newer clients have even more high res retextures of classic zones. Like I posted above. I use Underfoot for every server minus P99 so was a simple matter of dragging and dropping for me.
I wasn't able to get my underfoot client to work for some odd reason, but I copied the zone files over to my titanium client for the high res zones.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Kobold

does anyone still remember whats the command to change faces in luclin models?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just an FYI, I figured out how to activate the Luclin Models without changing anything serverside and the client modification is very very simple.

Link:
http://vp1999.forumotion.com/t10-luc...n-project-1999

I figured you guys may want to know this so that people that like the models can enjoy their freedom of choice and the GMs don't have to be annoyed to holy hell about turning them on.

-Miku/Danyelle
Holy shit, thanks dude! I've been hoping for this since last year!
Old 02-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy shit, thanks dude! I've been hoping for this since last year!
Was anyone able to get this working on p99?
Last edited by maahes; 02-27-2012 at 11:21 AM..
Old 02-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Large Bat

Thanks for this info! The newer models and textures really make the game look a whole lot better to me and remind me of when I spent my most time playing (Luclin - PoP).
Old 02-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maahes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was anyone able to get this working on p99?
Yep I know I did, haha. Everyone else seems to at least I haven't heard of any problems so far. If anyone does encounter any glitches let me know.

Besides the wolf thing, which may or may not ever come to fruition, i'm also working on trying to see if I can get a method of having some elementals loaded and not others. Also testing texture maps between Classic and Luclin. Got it to the point I have put the entire Classic Dark Elf Female Leather texture onto the Luclin model properly minus the chest. With Classic the chest texture was simply that, the chest (and neck). With Luclin it's divided up into the chest, neck and collarbone. So breaking the old Chest texture down and aligning them properly is being a bitch. The hands and feet are also rather annoying. Velious armors are actually already at Luclin resolution the issues would be getting them on the model. Dropping them, remapped of course, into the Luclin files won't cut it. It won't recognize them. Sony on the other hand already started a function to load Velious armors on the Luclin models but they half assed it and quit (LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=TRUE in the eqclient.ini if anyone wants to look at it.). The pants are the only texture that loads properly everything else fucks up. Finishing what they started would take some time though. At some point I hope to get a hold of someone with actual artistic/Photoshop talent to completely rebuild the Classic textures in Luclin level resolution and I can remap them from there. We'll see how it goes. And last but not least I'm trying to work on an installer that would help streamline this fix a bit (let you select which races/genders to turn on, select or deselect elementals, patch the globalload to P99, remove or not remove unneeded clutter in the globalload etc) but haven't gotten around to it yet and most likely won't until I figure out where I'm going with the above projects. Would also need to find a good way of going about it anyway as a batch file wouldn't really give me the customization I wanted in the setup, though it would certainly be quick and easy.

I'll keep everyone updated but for now the plain Luclin model fix is still on this thread:
http://vp1999.forumotion.com/t10-luc...n-project-1999

Oh by the way a reminder as someone said before, if you use the Lite client from elsewhere on these forums you won't have the Luclin models in the folder anymore. If that's the case the above fix does NOTHING. It only changes what order models get loaded in to overwrite the Classic models with Luclin and bypass the expansion variable in the database. Without the files actually there nothing will happen. If you use the Lite client I recommend finding a full version of the Titanium, SoD, Underfoot or any other client and dragging and dropping the files listed in Globalload in that link.

-Danyelle/Rainbowdash
Old 02-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Orc

Thanks! Did this and it works wonderfully. Wife is much happier.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Speaking of High Quality textures, if you have a copy of the Secrets of Faydwer, Seeds of Destruction or Underfoot client lying around copying over the .s3d files for every single Classic, Kunark and Velious zone
I'm surprised no one has posted those up anywhere yet.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Closed Thread