Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If ppl could get their ass wupped for cutting that'd be a start.

I'm not talking about murder or permanent injury. Just a lesson with a lil something to remind folks to be orderly for a few days.
Sometimes I wonder if we're going to start seeing vigilantes like this I feel like that used to be ludacris but today the way things are I could totally see this being like, a thing.

Like places like san francisco Im shocked nobody came out as a super hero during the pandemic with all the petty crime.

Last edited by Jibartik; 10-09-2021 at 07:49 PM..
Old 10-09-2021, 07:46 PM
Banned

The only moral argument against inheritance is if your great grandparents were slave owners. However, the vast majority of wealthy families were never slave owners, even in the south. Furthermore, billions have already been spent on social and economic programs to uplift black american families and black entrepreneurship as a direct redress of slavery.

So no there is no coherent argument against inheritance outside of very specific, rare circumstances. The son should not be responsible for the sins of the father anyway, unless you're some kind of religious nutjob.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:50 PM
Banned

One of the things that happens inevitably under capitalism that a handful of companies take over their various sectors. This gives them market power to control different dynamics of that sector.

So, for example, Amazon controls most warehouses. Along with a few other big corporations like Walmart and Kroger. This means they don't have to pay $50 an hour for people to work their ass off. They can do the same for $20, because good luck finding a $50 warehouse job when the few big players agreed $20 is all they are gonna pay.

But that happens. Without government. Most of what Walmart and Amazon did with the government, is convince them to stay out of their way. They wanted preferential tax treatment which would be largely unnecessary in a purely capitalist system.

The other thing that happens is those industries corrupt and buy out regulators. That is part of humanity in general, it happens in every kind of system that has been tried at any significant level.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only moral argument against inheritance is if your great grandparents were slave owners. However, the vast majority of wealthy families were never slave owners, even in the south. Furthermore, billions have already been spent on social and economic programs to uplift black american families and black entrepreneurship as a direct redress of slavery.

So no there is no coherent argument against inheritance outside of very specific, rare circumstances. The son should not be responsible for the sins of the father anyway, unless you're some kind of religious nutjob.
>moral

>religious nutjob

Pick a lane you dullard.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I agree 100% with inheritence. I think that money worked for comes at a sacrafice, rich people spend less time watching halloween specials with their kids eating popcorn, and that fucks their kids up mentally. Meaning: Everything comes at a cost.

Like take 2 families:

Billy has 2 loving parents that take him on trips every weekend but have little to spend, so they play home made board games and go camping.

Tommy has 2 parents who work all the time and take trips on their own to aspen and they just leave him money on the counter.

When Billie's parents die, he loses everything because all he had was love.

When Tommie's parents die, he loses nothing because he had no love for them, but with that sacrifice, tommy NOW has money to enjoy his life!

But Billy, is all emotion, and he is full of a jealous rage! angry at his parents death, angry at tommy for having a home with a view and a jet ski tommy never worked a day in his life fuck tommy! BILLY SEETHES WITH RAGE!

HIS EYES GROW RED HIS TEETH GNARLED HIS HUNGER INSASTIABLE!

THE ONLY THING TO SATISFY IT: THE RICH
Old 10-09-2021, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This gives them market power to control different dynamics of that sector.

So, for example, Amazon controls most warehouses. Along with a few other big corporations like Walmart and Kroger. This means they don't have to pay $50 an hour for people to work their ass off. They can do the same for $20, because good luck finding a $50 warehouse job when the few big players agreed $20 is all they are gonna pay.
This is correctamundo. Kudos. I'll take Juris-your-diction for 1000 thanks Johnny.
Cant add any more.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:05 PM
Banned

I think we have to admit that inheritance is something you are legally entitled to, but do not "deserve." Maybe the giver deserves the results on some level. But not the person that got it by accident of birth.

It's funny, you lot are very forth coming about people not deserving healthcare -- but a bit cagey about inheritance.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

If I was a billionaire and couldn't give my wealth to my family id spend it building a space laser that fires when my heart stops and id live stream my last moments as the world contemplates theirs.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I was a billionaire and couldn't give my wealth to my family id spend it building a space laser that fires when my heart stops and id live stream my last moments as the world contemplates theirs.
...which is why an apparatus must exist for killing this man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-09-2021, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:

Once you admit that slavery inheritance is not legitimate -- you open up a big can of worms. First of all, it is completely interlaced with entire early economy. A lot of people benefited from slavery without owning slaves (like the textile companies up north). Then there are all kinds of non-slavery ventures financed with capital from slavery.
The other blaring problem, is you have to confess that those that employed chinese railroad workers, oppressed native americans, and any asshole that broke the law to make money -- they all have ill-gotten fortunes that shouldn't be inherited.
Closed Thread