Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

*puts feet on corner office desk, sips coffee, quivers with anticipation, clicks submit*
Old 02-19-2018, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Fun read! DUNG 8!

You get more exp from turning in gnoll fangs one at a time instead of fours?! If so ive wasted so many gnoll fangs oh boy
Old 02-20-2018, 05:12 PM
Banned

i'd lov to learn more about meleeing as a druid, thank
Old 02-20-2018, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

I hope you can teach young druids how to farm their first epic, so to call, the famous Soldevi Scimitar (http://wiki.project1999.com/Solvedi_Scimitar).
Old 02-21-2018, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Tested gnoll fangs turn-in today, seems to me no difference in exp, 1 fang netted me 2% and 4 fangs 8%.

Druid meleé twink is semi fun. Spikey velium 2hB, fungi, 36% haste, hp items, very much all/all alt-crossover setup. Port for haste and C. Use regen and dmg shield. Root CC.

As a nontwink druid I used a smoldering brand, procs dd at lvl1 and is very cheap, worked well.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Post The Warrens: Part 1

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The Warrens: Part 1
Level 8-13

That's right folks, it doesn't matter if you're a dog person or a cat person or a llama person; nobody's a kobold person, and it's time for them to go down. Before we continue our SlayQuest, though, there's an important checklist:
  1. After arriving on Odus, head to the Erudin bank, and completely empty your inventory, except for your level 9 spells.
  2. Bring your level 9 spells.
  3. Don't forget the gotdamn level 9 spells ya dingus.
  4. Make your way to Paineel, and get a bind outside of the Warrens zone-in.

On your way to Paineel, there are two level 10 skellington guards that will aggro you at the zone line from Toxx to Paineel. At level 8, just run past them. It might hurt a little bit.

Stick around long enough and you'll catch some entertaining dialogue. Apparently there is a little confusion regarding who's da boss.

Paineel is often frequented by high levels, including many caster types heading into the Hole. Ask politely in OOC and you should have no trouble finding someone to bind you. NOTE: There are two skellington guards and a nasty high level caster on your way, so be sure to always have invis up as you run through Paineel. Once you have bound dat soul of yours, it's time to get to some mass puperino genocide.

The Warrens is one of my favorite zones. We are going to level here for a couple of reasons, one of which will come into play later in my guide. For the time being, though, the Warrens is a highly underutilized zone which is nearly almost always empty, leaving plenty of dogs for us to slay. Also, the pups have rather low hit points and damage for their level, so we will be mostly relying on our self-buffs, and damage shield and heals, with a nuke here and there, to get us through. For some strange reason, this is an outdoor zone, so feel free to use Harmony at will. The pupperinos in here have a high aggro radius, so beware. As long as you play it safe, you should fare quite well. However, there are lots of roamers and a respawns happen very quickly, so always play it safe, or you'll eat a few deaths, like me! Yay!

Levels 8, 9, 10, and 11. Stay near the zone out to Paineel.

You can tell from this poorly edited map of the Warrens where to kill stuff earlier on. You should be nearing level 9 if you are not already.

Hally - freaking - loojah, level 9! New spells waahoooey

At level 9, our targets are: a fierce kobold, a kobold scout, a kobold gaurd, a kobold archer, a kobold, a rabid kobold

They call me Mr. Moneybags

Soon you will need to make a trip back to Erudin to vendor and bank. On the way back to Erudin to vendor, the two level 10 skellington guards will aggro you as soon as you zone into Toxxulia. Unless you are twinked, they are too hard to handle at level 9 or 10. It is best to strafe-run to the safety of the guards at Erudin.
At level 10, they can be soloed, but it is still rough. Before zoning into Toxxulia Forest from Paineel, be at full hp/mana, with Thistlecoat, Skin Like Wood and your damage shield already on you. Utilize your Root spell to split them up, and tank/nuke them down.

At level 9, you should have around 15pp and we need to continue saving so we can finish buying all of our level 9 spells, and then our spells at level 14. Something worth mentioning is that there are certain items you should keep, and certain items you should not. This list is under construction, respectively, but here's a short list of items that will sell for the most:
  • Bronze Tachi
  • Bronze Kusarigama
  • Bronze Katana
  • Bronze Yari
  • Bronze Tonfa
  • Any soft wicker armor
  • Bamboo Wakizashi Bo
  • Bamboo Tonto Bo
  • Silver Ring
  • Golden Earring
  • Burlap Shirt and Pants

Everything else, like Burlap armor that is not shirt or pants, cat's eye agate, turquoise, alcohol, and Bronze Wakizashi do not sell for much and aren't worth the weight. Once you are done vendoring and banking, Gate and resume the carnage.

At level 10, our targets are: a rabid kobold, a kobold guard, a kobold, a kobold sentry, a kobold archer. Kobold sentinels are level 11 and are not to be touched, unless you have at least slight twinkage. I was able to solo a single pull kobold sentinel, but keep in mind I have a Runed Falchion, and a +55 HP ring. It was a close call, and I would recommend not attempting the sentinels until level 11.

Hello, Rightie? Is that me from the future? What happened to my super cool name Fatdog? Did I go down in the Operation Name Change?

At level 11, our targets are a kobold sentry, a rabid kobold, a kobold guard, a howler, a kobold, a kobold protector. "a lesser shaman" is soloable, however, they have DoTs, nukes, heals and they will blind you. You can do it; just make sure you enter the fight fully buffed with Thistlecoat, Skin Like Wood, and a fresh damage shield. Once you have engaged, plan on being blinded - just make sure you have auto attack on, and know which hot key is your nuke. Mine is slot 1, so I just spammed alt+1 the entire time I was blinded, and managed to finish the fight at about 40% HP.
a kobold sentinel -- at level 11, I recommend sticking to even con (or lower) sentinels. I was able to solo a yellow con single pull, but again, I have dat +HP ring and dat Runed Falchion!

((Part 1 to be continued in next reply))
Old 02-25-2018, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Post The Warrens: Part 1 (continued)

Before long, you should ding level 12. Go you, big guy.

If at any point in time during this guide there is a hero amongst the peons, you are contractually obligated to praise said hero.

DING 12
You might say I'm kind of a big deal around these parts.

Once you are level 12, refer to the poorly edited Warrens map from my last post. We're going to move to a new location. A safe location. A brighter tomorrow.

At level 12, our targets are: a kobold sentinel, a rabid kobold, a kobold archer, a kobold sentry, a lesser shaman

There is a good spot to sit and meditate without having to invis, near the water with river rats in it. From here, you can safely pull the entire surrounding area. Be sure to leave enough mana at the end of each fight to quickly take down runners, as they will swim across the rivers and make it a not fun time. Whether or not a mob will run is hard to say; sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Continue slaying, and vendoring and banking accordingly. Before long, you'll be level 13 and should be watching your bank account grow... by at least a little bit.

Hang around Erudin long enough, and you might find that you have more in common with fellow travelers than you think.

... to be continued...
Old 02-25-2018, 04:52 PM
Banned

Great, I'm so glad someone highlighted the Warrens as a leveling druid. I had a blast in there on my permadeath druid... tons of exp!

I didn't see you mention the Kobold Molars, which serve as extra xp and even ringmail rewards.

This is truly, now, SOMEWHAT helpful :-()
Old 02-25-2018, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great, I'm so glad someone highlighted the Warrens as a leveling druid. I had a blast in there on my permadeath druid... tons of exp!

I didn't see you mention the Kobold Molars, which serve as extra xp and even ringmail rewards.

This is truly, now, SOMEWHAT helpful :-()
I initially turned in some kobold molars, but they give negative Paineel faction and we're going for Paineel faction so I have left them out of this guide.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:32 PM
Banned

lmao word

you can actually turn them into paineel too, once your faction is up!
Closed Thread