Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevendeuceoff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Source has been posted, but I can assure you the program is quite safe. All it does is parse a log file and save your selections in the Windows registry for the next time you open the program.
The knee-jerk "might be a key logger" post I thought was quite irresponsible.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The knee-jerk "might be a key logger" post I thought was quite irresponsible.
I disagree. Better safe than sorry, and he didn't do it in a mean way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:57 PM
Banned

Im gona give this a try today, hopefully you dont heartbleed my life savings :P I will let you know how it goes! thanks for the nice looking tool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Banned

I started using this tool and it works really well! its easy to use and nice and visually pleasing... Although last night my enthrall timer stopped updating for some reason, while other spell timers worked. I haven't restarted but assume that it will work when I try to play later tonight.

This shit is legal right??
Old 06-09-2014, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Its just a log reader so yes its legal.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although last night my enthrall timer stopped updating for some reason, while other spell timers worked. I haven't restarted but assume that it will work when I try to play later tonight.
Well, there are a few possible natural causes for this to happen, one being the "landed spell" text never shows up in the log (too far away?), the other being a spellcasting skill-up triggering at the same time as the detrimental spell lands (causing the "landed spell" text to fall behind and not getting picked up). However neither of these should prevent the timer from starting on subsequent casts, was this the case with you?
Old 06-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevendeuceoff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, there are a few possible natural causes for this to happen, one being the "landed spell" text never shows up in the log (too far away?), the other being a spellcasting skill-up triggering at the same time as the detrimental spell lands (causing the "landed spell" text to fall behind and not getting picked up). However neither of these should prevent the timer from starting on subsequent casts, was this the case with you?
unfortunately I didn't happen to notice, it was during a fast camp break so any of those things could have happened. Ill try to watch that stuff and see If I can repro it in the future.

The thing that I found odd was when I re-loaded the log file, or hit reset timers, I still couldn't get the enthrall timer to start up. I did not try restarting the entire app tho. Which I'm sure would have fixed it!.. in theory, right?
Old 06-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unfortunately I didn't happen to notice, it was during a fast camp break so any of those things could have happened. Ill try to watch that stuff and see If I can repro it in the future.

The thing that I found odd was when I re-loaded the log file, or hit reset timers, I still couldn't get the enthrall timer to start up. I did not try restarting the entire app tho. Which I'm sure would have fixed it!.. in theory, right?
Ok, I'll poke around and see if I can see something amiss. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok, I'll poke around and see if I can see something amiss. Thanks.
Dude, thank you! this thing is sweeeeet I cant believe you put so much work into it.

I was like 'ru serious, I tell it my level, my class, it knows... everything?!?!'

brilliant tool man, brilliant!

*one piece of feedback*

If I am killing 4 things, and say rooting or mezzing 3 of the 4.. it resets the timer on my mez/root every time I cast.. so my mez that is goign to break first, is no longer on the timer.. Same for buffs, if your buffing an entire group.

Would be super cool if: 'if spell timer is counting down, and spell is cast a second time, create a NEW timer next to the current one' So in teh instance I described above, you would have 3 timers counting down.

that is just my opinion and you are the master who made this tool so do whatever you like with it!

but I thought that would be helpful last night. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 06-09-2014 at 06:42 PM..
Old 07-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Skeleton

I tested as well and found the trigger working only with about 90% accuracy. Even "Your fear spell has worn off." entry was written to the logs sometimes no trigger sound was played. This is the event which was triggered the most so I guess it is not a coincident this one was observed by me.

The option "always on top" is nice but I would prefer the possibility to resize the windows and arrange the spell timers by myself including the option to arrange the spell timers in one column. It is a nice feature to have that value help but for me it would be sufficient to have text boxes where I put in the spell name by myself in the order I prefer. This way I could move that parser into one corner only seeing the first entries I would have filled out.

Anyway it is a good approach. Once it would cover 100% of the entries I would use it every time.